Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Perch fishing toledo water intake

It looks like Saturday is going to be a nice day to get out on the lake. I just have to decide if I want to fish the cans, an area I have fished before so I know where to start or fish around the intake area, an area I have never fished. Decisions decisions lol

30 nice perch Sun,Mon, and Tuesday in the G can area. They started like fire every morning right at sun up then slowed down by 830 or so. Kept nothing under 8" and I bet I threw back 60-70 shorties in the 3 mornings. A great sign for a good fall next year. Another good sign is the 12-15 small pickerel I caught. There were several fish over 11" mixed in there. Time for perch tacos!

Blog Entries

Fished south West of intake this evening tried several depths 17 ft to 13 foot nothing looked for fish from The harbor Lighthouse to little cedar point finnaly got a perch to bite just before sunset ended up wirh 30 nice perch and a 12 inch walleye 13 .5 ft of water waves were a little bouncy bug nice eve on the water

Blog Entries

Perch fishing toledo water intake-20221029_132120-jpg

Fished Friday and Saturday 10/28 and 29 total both days 2 men 82 fish 13.9 ft of water little cedar point shiners laying on the bottom , I would leave the bail open so the swing of boat does not move the line I believe the perch were laying on the bottom with fins touching so sonar did not pick them up we were not marking any fish but at time we would get double and even a triple on one line I used both a crappie rig with an additional sneilled hook and shiner at the bottom with a 5/8 oz egg sinker, and a spreader on the other pole .I kept all the gut hooked fish rather than feed them to the gulls that were all around me waiting for a snack cleaned them myself so don't know the weight , couple of nice size 12 inch in the mix also caught a 12 inch walleye hope to see a few more of his older buddies this Friday for one more trip before pulling the boat .
    Attached Images Attached Images Perch fishing toledo water intake-20221029_134112-jpg 

Looks like you had a great day!!! I have yet to make it out

Quote Originally Posted by MBLMIKE View Post
    Perch fishing toledo water intake-20221029_132120-jpg

Fished Friday and Saturday 10/28 and 29 total both days 2 men 82 fish 13.9 ft of water little cedar point shiners laying on the bottom , I would leave the bail open so the swing of boat does not move the line I believe the perch were laying on the bottom with fins touching so sonar did not pick them up we were not marking any fish but at time we would get double and even a triple on one line I used both a crappie rig with an additional sneilled hook and shiner at the bottom with a 5/8 oz egg sinker, and a spreader on the other pole .I kept all the gut hooked fish rather than feed them to the gulls that were all around me waiting for a snack cleaned them myself so don't know the weight , couple of nice size 12 inch in the mix also caught a 12 inch walleye hope to see a few more of his older buddies this Friday for one more trip before pulling the boat .
    Great information and photos. Nothing better than a fried perch dinner! Where are you launching from to fish the area around Little Cedar Point, a public DNR launch or private marina? Thanks

cooley canal is free

Another nice day on the lake, perch bite was slow but steady. Again threw back about three dozen or more small ones, did manage to keep 14 nice perch from 9" to 11".. due west of intake right off little cp in 19/20' of water. By 2 pm the bite about stopped with just an ocassional dinky. Called it a day...will try again on friday, probably the last trip of the year, have plenty of minnows left over from BiteMe bait store, minniows were big today cut most into 3-4 pieces. The season is about over, thanks to all that have posted on this forum, get those boats properly stored so they will be ready come spring..

Nice job airshot, I doubt if I will make it back to lake Erie this year, I will have to settle with taking my grandson out in the kayaks and catch some big bass here in Elkhart. I can't complain I have a 5# and a 7# out of the lake we go on.

Blog Entries

Perch fishing toledo water intake-20221104_154613-jpg
    Done for the year finished up today. We only got about 80 out-of 150 limit for 5 guys but really a pretty nice day for November, southwest of intake 18 foot of water look for the red flag for commercial net , park close and wait them out minnows on the bottom slow pick up fish were just hanging on . Caught one small walleye also , not great catching but great fishing . But unfortunately 2 boats sank from Stern anchoring! no one was injured thanks to tow boats quick response, we also saw about 4 other boats that were Stern anchored remember to be safe out there .