Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Perch fishing toledo water intake

Friday 10/ 14 /22 Three of us fished south West of Toledo water intake started 13 ft and then moved to 19 ft however best acttion was 17 foot drop down crappie rigs heavy sinker then lift up to get sinker just off the bottom so rod tip bends , I found this worked best for the waves and wind you can aee the bites better and most fish were not gut hooked , we fished about 8 to about 12 pm total 86 fish they shut down at 12 pm and we could not find the last 4 fish anywhere . The waves started to build so called it quits , ended up with a really close fish ohio perch also. Kept 7 inch or above it was really a good bite around 10 to 11 up and down Doubles. Looks like a big blow for next 4 days may try again Friday if weather and waves permit.
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 10-17-2022 at 12:28 PM.

If the wind is under 10 I am going to make the drive Saturday
    Thanks for the up date

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    If the wind is under 10 I am going to make the drive Saturday
    Thanks for the up date
    Right now the forecast is for 10-15 mph from the sw. This time of year we are perch fishing fairly clisevto shore where the wind even upvto 20 moh wont bother you. I fish from a 16' alum SC and have no issues with SW winds up to 20 mph as I am less than 3 miles off shore

I have a 17.5 Deep V so I might give it a shot. I plan on getting a trail setup in the near future when I retire so I can out out all the time. I am looking at Wild Wings, I have stayed there when I chartered with Goose a couple of times

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    I have a 17.5 Deep V so I might give it a shot. I plan on getting a trail setup in the near future when I retire so I can out out all the time. I am looking at Wild Wings, I have stayed there when I chartered with Goose a couple of times
    If you plan on perch fishing, there are a number of ramps closer to the intake where the better bite seems to be right now. If your gonna make a longer run for walleye then chose your ramp accordingly. Even with a 20 mph comming off shore the water is well protected until you get beyond 5 miles offshore. We are typically less than 2 miles offshore for perch. Sat and sunday appear to be the best days..

Blog Entries

I am looking at coming up Thursday eve for the walleye nite bite at Jackson pier then fish Friday for perch if wind waves and wife are willing then get the boat winterized and call it a year .

I like that one lol Happy wife Happy life

Yes, If I fish the intake I will launch a lot closer

Nice day on the lake today, unfortunately the perch did not cooperate. Plenty of good marks, mabey to good as I am thinking the bottom couple feet was filled with small bait fish !! When these masses dissapeared then smalk perch would bite, but when the screen was filled....no bites what so ever....my thinking is thet were feedingnon the bait/ small fish. Nice day for a ride, the biggest perch caught today was just 8" long barely enough for a sandwich....might try again tomorrow, nice days are dissapearing quickly.

You are correct on that. The days are getting shorter and the temp will be dropping before you know it. I guess as long as the wind cooperates we can get a few more days on the lake.