Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Perch fishing toledo water intake

Perch can be caught right up until ice forms. November can be good if weather cooperates and you dont mind fishing in cold air !!!

I don't mind fishing in cold air especially if I am catching fish lol

My best day last year for perch was early November over by Marble head light house. It was a beautiful day. I'm up here this week going out Tuesday and Wednesday.

Good luck, Looking forward to your report

Let us know how you do. Good Luck Captain!

Grest day on the lake today, perch bite was slow but steady. Still lots of dinky perch but did have some nicer ones mixed in. Also caught 5 small walleye which were gently returned to the water. Tried straight out of Metzgers with a pack of boats but not much happening there, moved close to intake but no action there. Ended up about half way between intake and Metzgers in 20' of water. Only 17 quality keepers including a few in the 10-11.5" range !!! Nice chunky perch....probably 30-35 little throwbacks. No farm critters this time. Great day with just a slight chop, just enough to keep the rods moving. Gonna try again tomorrow, supposed to be a duplicate day of today...

Great evening on water. South of lighthouse, 16ft of water. 2man limit in 3 hours. 20lbs at cleaners. Most of fish were 9s and 10s. Still small fish mixed in, and released. Very aggressive bite tonight. One more day and then will get another round of wind.....

Sounds like a good day. I hope to live closer to the lake when I retire in a couple of years

Blog Entries

I am going to try and fish into the late fall as long as weather permits, and we can get out from the recent reports the fishing is starting to get better as the lake cools off a buddy of mine called me this afternoon said they really did well.

Took advantage of the nice weather so hit the lake again today. Started very slow, mabey 5 dinky's from 10am until 12:30 !! Moved 4 times, finall ended up by the intake close in, about 18-19' ft of water. After about a half hour of watching good marks the bite started and the nicer fish came to bite !!! I kept nothing under 9" with many in the 10-11" range. From about 1:15 until 2:30 I caught 22 nice ones with a dozen throwbacks. Best action of the year for me...hope to get more days like this before the season ends !!!