Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake Perch fishing toledo water intake
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Perch fishing toledo water intake

Fished Friday morning 8 am to 2pm about 1 mile south east of intake 18 to 20 foot of water caught 53 out of 60 fish limit for 2 men we ran out of bait could have easily limited out 13 lbs at the cleaners , 7 to 11 inch fat perch using shiners lay on the bottom wait a few minutes using perch spreaders. Single hook and crappie rigs did not seem to mater. Had 2 poles working steady Doubles on both put a third pole in while taking fish of the others and rebaiting them great day lots of boats . Close enough to talk to other boats. find a spot anchor up drop your line and catch some perch . Just remember to get enough bait.

Default Re: Perch fishing toledo water intake

Thankd for the report, I am going to have to get out there next weekend. I live in Elkhart, IN so I have to watch for some good weather Thanks again

Blog Entries

Hope to be back out this Friday give me shout if you see me
    Attached Images Attached Images Perch fishing toledo water intake-20220709_130042-jpg 

Went out this morning, east of the intake about a mile. Boats scattered all over. Got into the perch quickly !! Unfortunately they were dinkys...moved three times and still 5-6" perch..only 4 decent ones in over three hours. Right a noon the wind picked up, so headed in.

Blog Entries

We did not make it up Friday with the wind out of the northeast and a cold front, so we just went in to the shop and did some work. Let me know if any one was out , the after noon looked like it settled down from the camera views ,

We went out today, the weather was great but the fishing was not. We went out of Wild Wings hit the can area, we caught a few but all of them were too small for us to keep. Wife caught a 8" walleye. We enjoyed the day on the lake but it was a long drive to come home with nothing. I am not sure if we will get another chance to go out this year but I will be looking forward to some jig fishing next spring

Is this wind and weather ever gonna get better ?? This season is comming to a close before we realize it....only one package of perch and a small pkg of walleye in the freezer. Gonna be a long winter if we cant get back on the lake here soon !!

How late in the fall do they usually catch the perch and walleye in the western area?

Good news is, fall fishing is some of the best. Bad news is fall weather on Erie can be rough. Heading up for a week later in October and a week first part of November

I can't wait to hear how you do. I am going to watch the weather and hope to make it out in a week or two with my grandson. He loves to fish but we haven't had much luck on Erie this year