Maumee River in fall Maumee River in fall Maumee River in fall Maumee River in fall

Default Maumee River in fall

I have heard a lot about fishing the Huron river at night in OCT and NOV. I live closer to Toledo and wonder if the same pattern works in the Maumee river. (or bay)

Default Re: Maumee River in fall

Fishing at night at Huron river is almost all bank fishing. You will see some boats off shore but not much if any in the river it's self . hot much room.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

There is a small walleye fishery in the Maumee River, a "resident" population. More people have started fishing it in recent years so we're finding out more about it. There is also a very minor steelhead run and even a few salmon from the upper Lakes have been caught over the years. Here's the local source for infomation.

River Report

I have fished along the rocks at Sterling State Park a couple time casting cranks. Did ok. I think a lot of areas that have that rip rap rock can hold fish late in the year, especially if its a long stretch of it. I belive in the Huron River they cast from shore but boats work the area too. From a boat you can cast or troll but I believe it's mostly a crankbait bite. If I remember the deal is the walleye will push the bait fish up against the rocks to feed at night. As far as any specific areas around Toledo I'm not sure. Maybe along the Metzger Marsh area or even some places around the bay. That would be boat stuff.
    Last edited by dunn782; 09-20-2022 at 08:29 PM.

How did you get the name dunn782 Just curious because I have a lot of relation named Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by dunn782 View Post
    I have fished along the rocks at Sterling State Park a couple time casting cranks. Did ok. I think a lot of areas that have that rip rap rock can hold fish late in the year, especially if its a long stretch of it. I belive in the Huron River they cast from shore but boats work the area too. From a boat you can cast or troll but I believe it's mostly a crankbait bite. If I remember the deal is the walleye will push the bait fish up against the rocks to feed at night. As far as any specific areas around Toledo I'm not sure. Maybe along the Metzger Marsh area or even some places around the bay. That would be boat stuff.
    Last yr of 10 fish limit: Slanted wall Huron second nite ever. First fish 6:30 9th fish 8:30 stay till sunrise and never got # 10. but 63 lbs of fish and a 1/4 mile walk back to truck. From Huron to Port Clinton there I have about 15 spots to the bank to fish. 3 days in a row Nov. within 1 hr 30 min. to get 6 fish. total 18 fish smallest 4lb 13 oz. over 100 lbs. Guy 30 feet from me would have place in the Fall brawl but him and 2 friends took about 30 fish that nite and got disqualified .

That's my last name, got married in July '82, dunn782. Most of my family is Toledo area but my dad now lives in Oak Harbor and I have an Uncle I the Curtice area.

Well that is cool, that is also my last name and I don't see it very often.