Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Toledo water intake and west ( perch)

Great wknd on water. No post so thought would start one. Been fishing mile east of intake but fish have been off and on. Moved west of intake this wknd and fishing has been alot better. Mile east of lighthouse in 20 ft of water both days. 2 man Limit Saturday 14lbs at cleaners, Sunday 8lbs at cleaners for 32 fish. Goldies and shiner mix cut them in half. Ran out of bait both days.

Default Re: Toledo water intake and west ( perch)

On saturday I started east of intake, good marks but perch did not cooperate. Started moving to the west, stiil good marks but perch were closed mouths. After numerous stops going west, started getting hits. Ended up halfway between intake and light house. Only 7 keepers (9" and over) another 9 dinkies, but then the breeze stopped, and heat turned on. Called it quits...but really nice morning !!!

Tried the intake area again today, started west side but mostly junk fish, moved to east side among pack of boats. Bite was very slow, lots of dinkys, light breeze stopped blowing, so did the bite, got really hot so called it quits. Only 12 keepers.

Saturday couldn't have been nicer. Two boats near me within a half mile. Non stop action again, shiners from b&ds. No farm animals and alot of small future perch let go. Gravel pit today. 8lbs at cleaners for my 30. Going out next 2 days before big blow hits on weds,and thurs.

Today was another great day. Started east of lighthouse 17ft. Non stop action, only kept 8inch and bigger. Freezer starting to get full. Went through 2 scoops of shiners. ^^^^^ on the downside I had a guy anchor within 30ft of my boat.. I didn't say anything but my radio did get a lot louder. When I pulled my anchor, I was within 10ft of his boat. It takes all kinds, if your reading this blog, be considerate of others. Fish move all over that lake, and might come your way sooner or later.

Glad you are getting your freezer filled up. I hope to get out next week if the weather allows

Been fishing for perch for over 60 years and always filleted my own fish ( hate bones). Anyway considering having some cleaned as my arthritus in my hands is making the cleaning difficult. Curious as to what they charge nowadays for cleaning and do they skin them or just butterfly with skin on ??
    Still enjoy the catching, but cleaning is getting difficult. Thanks in advance...

Most places scale fish in a tumbler then butterfly them.They don't skin them.Not sure how much to clean perch now

Have mine done at butch and Dennys, scaled and butterflied. $1.75lb Do a great job, takes a day to get back, but they keep refrigerated until cleaned. Brian and staff do a great job and don't get enough praise, from us fisherman. I give them a tip in the tip jar. But also at end of season have taken out pizza to them.

airshot, If I lived closer I would go out with you and clean the perch for you