Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch) Toledo water intake and  west ( perch)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Toledo water intake and west ( perch)

Quote Originally Posted by fishfinder View Post
    airshot, If I lived closer I would go out with you and clean the perch for you
    Ha Ha....and I would let you !!! Unfortunately most of my fishing is by myself as my kids and grandkids are grown up and working have their own families etc. Go with my neighbor on ocassion be they still work and I am retired. Downgraded to a much smaller boat so I can launch and retrieve on my own. Have it all setup so it is pretty easy, usually in and out long before others can. If your ever in my area, I will bring you my perch to clean...LOL....

I hope to retire in two years but if I head up your way I will let you know. Tight lines my friend

Went out this evening, went out checked lake wind was howling, waves were nilly. So went and got shiners and left anchor Pointe at 4. Went out to 20ft between intake and lighthouse. Waves were a foot, but could not get anchor to grab, fishfinder said I was going 1mph dragging the anchor. So frustrated moved into 16ft, with still no luck. Made last move into 12ft between little cedar point and anchor pointe.. Wind was not as bad, landed on a huge school bottom was covered, son and I caught 42 in a hour and half. Keeping only 9inch and bigger, a few were 10s and 11s. Bait hit bottom and fish on. Let alot of small ones go, no junk fish or farm animals. What a evening. Never have fished that close before, but it is saved in my GPS and fish journal.

Started fishing just before 10am, nice day with a brisk wind. Headed back to where I caught those healthy perch the other day. Just a tad closer in today into 16-17 ft of water right vetween little CP and the intake. The bitevwas on today even though the perch were smaller. Dropped my first line and reached for my second rod, not today, no time for a second rod !! As soon as my crappie rig hit bottom it was fish on and this continued thru out the day !!! Never had to move, arms actually got tired, bam one after another!!! Must have tossed back over 50 dinkies and that is a very conservative guess. Kept 24 from 9" to Not quite 11", no jumbo's but nice quality fish. 5 gobies and no sheepshead this time out. At 1:30 ran out of bait, but thats ok, good excuse to go out another day..

Great day on lake. Was told intake was where they were. Went out at 8am headed out seen 6 boats out east of intake. Had saved spots on GPS for that area. Changed course 2 miles east of intake 18 ft of water. Never moved, ended up with 55 for the 2 of us, nonstop action lots of small ones but kept nothing smaller than 8inches. Biggest was 10 today, seemed like bigger fish were coming off on way up. We use a #2 hook too. No farm animals or white perch today at all, 2 gobies to ruin a perfect day.lol . Agree with everyone else, days are limited now, feel a personal day in order for tomorrow. Will let you know how we do. Good fishing everyone.......

Launched out of Cullen Park yesterday around noon. Docks have been taken out but we were able to launch anyway since my wife can now dump me in and park the truck. Getting out was more challenging but thanks to the keel guard on the Ranger, I was able to beach the boat on the ramp and go retrieve the truck.

We went out to the lighthouse and setup right on the edge of the channel in 21 FOW. Wasn't marking much but that's how perch fishing goes, for me anyway. We anchored and didn't move until the sun was about to set. Kept 43 very nice sized perch, much bigger than last year. Plenty are 10"+, and we threw back at least as many as we kept that were less than 7" or less. Two scoops of very lively emeralds from Fisherman's Cave only attracted one junk fish - a sheep that bit when I put a mushy chunk of minnow that was re-used from a few catches. Otherwise, perch after perch after perch. There were two other boats that were there the same time we were and seemed to be doing well. When the sun started to set around 5pm, we started packing up the boat for the ride back to shore. My wife had her last minnow and rod sitting in a rod holder to keep it in until the very last minute. She reluctantly started reeling it in to end our season and as luck would have it, a 12" yellow perch slammed it as she was reeling it up. How fortunate are we to live so close to this fabulous natural resource!

As is the case for many of us, I look a couple of times per day for posts from Juls, Pork Chop or any others to see what is working. A sincere thank you to all of the contributors in this forum who have taught me so much.