Where to go? Where to go? Where to go? Where to go?

Thread: Where to go?

Default Where to go?

I'm driving up from southern Ohio for a week of fishing. Did well last trip off Huron. Should I go east of Kelly's or trailer over to Huron? Staying at east harbor. Miss juls reports seriously.

Default Re: Where to go?

I've not been fishing lately but from the reports I've read lately, they are still getting good fish in deeper water out of Geneva, Bula, and Conny. but if that's to far east I would try Huron as a lot of fish stage there on their way back west. but I can't say if some of the fish are moving west this early. but you still should have decent fishing from resident fish. i would call a couple of bait shops close to Huron for info on where to start fishing. just my opinion and not necessarily fact.

Quote Originally Posted by jokim_99 View Post
    I'm driving up from southern Ohio for a week of fishing. Did well last trip off Huron. Should I go east of Kelly's or trailer over to Huron? Staying at east harbor. Miss juls reports seriously.
    I haven't been on here much lately and hadn't noticed Juls wasn't posting. maybe you can fill me in on where she went.

She sold her boat and is waiting on her new one

Quote Originally Posted by jokim_99 View Post

I would head to East side of Kelly's for my first trip, and you can always troll towards the Huron Dump if you're not having any luck there.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Jerry View Post
    I would head to East side of Kelly's for my first trip, and you can always troll towards the Huron Dump if you're not having any luck there.
    I haven't been over that way in several weeks, but the last time I was there were a bunch of commercial nets running north and south. Probably about 2 miles worth. If you are going that way, keep an eye out for them. They've been moving them around in that area most of the summer.

There are lots of commercial nets East of Marblehead to east of Kellys.. Several good reports last week of big fish right east of Cedar Point to Vermilion, its a toss up, but I dont think there is a genuine answer.. just may have to run a bit..

Sunday 9/11, I fished 4 to 5mile east of kelley's in 35-42 fow had alot of nice marks, just could not get anything to bite.

[QUOTE=MF87;76229]Sunday 9/11, I fished 4 to 5mile east of kelley's in 35-42 fow had alot of nice marks, just could not get
    Last edited by Baydogman60; 09-14-2022 at 02:44 PM.

Juls boat is being rigged. North of tge Kelley's shoal produced nice fish Saturday