Labor Day Weekend Fishing 2022 Labor Day Weekend Fishing 2022 Labor Day Weekend Fishing 2022 Labor Day Weekend Fishing 2022

Default Labor Day Weekend Fishing 2022

Looking for advice for walleye and/or perch fishing locations out of Port Clinton for this holiday weekend. Wife is begging to go and I’m hoping to keep her interested. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Labor Day Weekend Fishing 2022

Hey Markle. Read my post below titled long weekend. I'll work with you if you'd like to share walleye info. I'll be on fish by the time you arrive.

Awesome, Thanks. Good information. I see your cell # is listed there. I will text you so you will have my cell.

10-4

Quote Originally Posted by markle View Post
    Looking for advice for walleye and/or perch fishing locations out of Port Clinton for this holiday weekend. Wife is begging to go and I’m hoping to keep her interested. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    We are going this weekend as well out of Port Clinton. Probably will start near the cans by the firing range, for perch, then possibly troll for walleye further north.

Thanks for the heads up by starting at the range cans. Thinking we will start there as well. We are on the road. She’s so excited as she is thinking of the outstanding walleye catch that we had at Memorial Day weekend. She started the streak by tossing Erie dearies. She hauled in 4 nice 22”+ keepers on 6 or 7 casts. We limited out near green can by Catawba. . That was her first time fishing in Lake Erie. I keep telling her that water conditions have changed and casting while drifting for walleyes will most likely be impossible. She doesn’t want to hear that. Not sure what to expect this weekend. Any further information will help. She’s a trooper, but if we get skunked, I’ll be looking for a new fishing partner. Lol

Default Re: Labor Day Weekend Fishing 2022 If you want to drift and cast work the shallow rocky waters around the islands and shoals. 8-14' is a good depth to work. cast worm harnesses or weight forward spinners and work them right near the bottom. Take

Quote Originally Posted by markle View Post
    Thanks for the heads up by starting at the range cans. Thinking we will start there as well. We are on the road. She’s so excited as she is thinking of the outstanding walleye catch that we had at Memorial Day weekend. She started the streak by tossing Erie dearies. She hauled in 4 nice 22”+ keepers on 6 or 7 casts. We limited out near green can by Catawba. . That was her first time fishing in Lake Erie. I keep telling her that water conditions have changed and casting while drifting for walleyes will most likely be impossible. She doesn’t want to hear that. Not sure what to expect this weekend. Any further information will help. She’s a trooper, but if we get skunked, I’ll be looking for a new fishing partner. Lol
    If you want to drift and cast work the shallow rocky waters around the islands and shoals. 8-14' is a good depth to work. cast worm harnesses or weight forward spinners and work them right near the bottom. Takes a little practice but is very productive this time of year. Good luck and have a great and safe holiday.