Long weekend Long weekend Long weekend Long weekend

Thread: Long weekend

Default Long weekend

Hey all. I haven't fished since July. I'll be coming out to fish Thursday through Monday. Will fish out of Catawba with my Dad who just turned 75. I'm open to sharing info if anyone would like to while we are there. Will start around Green and fish west on day 1. I know most have been fishing east but I imagine there are still plenty of fish around to the west? I don't mind putting in long days. Please let me know if anyone would like to chat before or after Thursday.

Thanks very much Guys!

Default Re: Long weekend

Quote Originally Posted by DW72 View Post
    Hey all. I haven't fished since July. I'll be coming out to fish Thursday through Monday. Will fish out of Catawba with my Dad who just turned 75. I'm open to sharing info if anyone would like to while we are there. Will start around Green and fish west on day 1. I know most have been fishing east but I imagine there are still plenty of fish around to the west? I don't mind putting in long days. Please let me know if anyone would like to chat before or after Thursday.

Thanks very much Guys!

I'll work with you. Coming out of West Harbor this weekend. Send me a PM.

I fished for a couple hours on Sunday. I worked the reefs west of Catawba. I was in 16 feet of water and caught 11 really nice perch that were mostly 9+ inches. When the bite died, I tried out about a .5 mile east of G can and left after 15 mins cause I was just catching dinks that were less than 7 inches. I tried the green buoy off of Catawba state park and got 4 more keepers, they weren’t as nice as the fish on the reefs though.

There are definitely plenty of fish out west still. I heard some good reports out by F can which might be a good spot to try if you aren’t doing much by Green. You may have to sort through them to get your keepers. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Sorry, I should have said we are walleye fishing. Thanks Kingfisher. I'll try to you. If I don't get it I'll just give you my cell #. Am confident we can find some nice fish!

Thank you for the perch reply too

Friend requested you. Can't figure out PM. Or just text me. Name is Don. 607-857-4628. Thanks.

I sent you my number to join the text group.

Thank you for coordinating.
    Rickerd

We had a couple boaters out with us last weekend. They couldn't launch out of huron due to only having a 19 foot boat. They chose to launch from mazurik and fish the south east and east side of kellys. Didn't catch a ton of fish but did ok.

Thank you for that report Sodbuster. I had caught some good fish last September on the dump area when I couldn't get things going West of Catawba.