Draggin the Line, Across the Line Draggin the Line, Across the Line Draggin the Line, Across the Line Draggin the Line, Across the Line

Default Draggin the Line, Across the Line

Had not fished with my buddy John for almost 2mo,due to family obligations,wedding,covid and a European vacation.John said his boat had sat around unused for so long,it wasnt running up to speed.So he had them pull boat out and he scrubbed and power washed the bottom,prop and outdrive to get the scum off everything.I met John early sunday and we left CIC around 630.Unfortunately we headed right into residual NE rollers the whole way out.Our initial stop was where we caught fish last, around 5 miles east of Pelee.There were a few marks there so decided to give it a try.It was already 8am and we fished for around 30 min without a bite so headed east,stopping occasionally to check the sonar.We finally found good marks NW of the weather bouy so set out the gear.By now it was 10am and was still pretty rough from the south wind which is worse the further north you go.Started out with 2 dipseys and 2 boards and not long after got all 4 rods out had a double on both boards.A harness at a 60 w 3oz sinker and a humble bee Bandit at 130 w 2oz weight.Both fish were 20 and 21" so good start.But it was slow after that.Had to troll downwind due to bigger waves.Got 3 on that first slide north,but picked up gear and rode back upwind and continued fishing and picked up a few more.John decided he wanted to work the rods so i got busy with my handheld GPS to figure something out.Noticed a break line we were going over was where we had been catching the fish.By noon the waves had settled enough that i was able to follow that break line.We then started to catch better and bigger fish.By the end of the day had double willow harness on both dipsey,3 setting at 85 and 90 and a blue chrome Bandit on the board.The Bandits caught 3 keepers but the dipseys caught the bigger fish.Speed was 2.5-2.7mph.Got a 23,24 and 26" fish.Our 12 took 4.5hrs to catch and weighed 33lbs.Got about 8 shorts,6 white things,2sheep and one big ass catfish that ruined my rig.Was a long rough ride out but ride in was much nicer. Was fishing in 40-45fow.

Default Re: Draggin the Line, Across the Line

Nice.
    It has been awhile since we have seen that quality.
    I'll get around to going that far north one of these days.
    Congratulations.
    Mike

Default Re: Draggin the Line, Across the Line

We were planning to fish same area this past Friday but was a little too rough to make the long run out there.So decided to not go and instead John trolled a couple hours south of PIB.His boat broke down and he needed a tow.Would have been a long tow if it would have happened out by the bouy.