Island Smallmouth............... Island Smallmouth............... Island Smallmouth............... Island Smallmouth...............
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Island Smallmouth...............

Hello All,

I have had great success with the walleye over the past few years just like alot of you all on here as well. I am going to concentrate on smallmouth this weekend for a change and was hoping some of you smallie experts could help me out a little with a good program and some general locations. Thanks in advance for all the help. I check my P.M's frequently and will keep all informed of any success this weekend.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite areas is the West side of North Bass near a small private dock. I have had many good days there.

Pelee is my absolute favorite. Just about anywhere but the East side from Middle point to winter Reef is my fav. It is worth getting the license.

Kellys is also good. I've done well on the South East corner.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Spoon,

I may try and get over to Pelee this weekend depending on the weather. I have a 18 ft Targa, so I'll have to keep an eye on the weather. I'll probably start out around kelleys first since the walleye are closer. I'll have my trolling gear just in case. Thanks again Spoon!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like

I have had days near Pelee flatlining crank baits for eyes, and we just couldn't keep the smallies off the hooks. Often 2 and 3 at a time. Many times we would land 3 for every walleye and limit on eyes. Jointed shad raps #5 and #7 and down deep husky jerks. Favorite colors are blue shad and silver shad on the JSR and copper orange and blue orange on the husky jerks. I would expect a good mixed bag if you can troll about 1.4mph. I havn't been there this early in the seaon, but have done very well 3rd week of May.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Smallies

We used to stay on middle bass for a week in early may every year. Had excellent luck using leeches and minnows on a bobber (yes, a bobber). There is a pocket in the east side of north bass, out from a red barn that was very productive. Also caught a lot on the S.E. side of middle bass. Also used plain jigs with a leech on it, casting and gentle retrieve. Leeches were the key.....

Post Thanks / Like

Man- That is the fun stuff. fishing with a good old fashioned bobber. I know just what double d is saying. I have also had tremendous success with bobbers. I like a long slip bobber with a tip that is up 8-10 inches, with leech and a rubber band to stop the line. I fished a lake in Wawa Canada and that was the ONLY way to catch eyes. With leeches too. Very fun and as basic as it gets.