Just sharing some information from my fishing trip today (August 19, 2022) so others can be better planning for their trip this weekend.

We bought emeral shinners at Butch and Dannys. They were a mixed of small and midsize (mostly pinhead size). I understand that ANJ also have the similar batch from another friend this morning.

We started fishing around the Pickerel Reefs. It was steady but mostly small (ratio of 7 small to 1 keeper). Then after 1 hour, we moved to B can. It was slower there and again with mostly small. There was a large pack of boat there and it was slow for everyone (it seemed). We then moved to D can. The bite was better but again mostly small. There was a small group of boats there too. We gave up after 3 hours of fishing with just 23 keepers.

Another boat that worked the same area this morning also said it was slow for him. When I got home, I talked to the neighbor who grand father is a charter captain. He said it has been slow for the last 2 weeks for the charter as well.

The weather was hot but the lake was calm today. It helps as we moved 4-12 miles each time. All and all it was a pleasant day and we all got a lot of sun today. That's it!

Enjoy the weekend, have fun and be safe. Good luck!