Perch Locations Perch Locations Perch Locations Perch Locations
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perch Locations

Default Perch Locations

Has anyone heard of any good reports for perch at the Marblehead Lighthouse? I am trying to figure out where to fish tomorrow, I was planning on going to Green Island as of right now but I’m open to other locations if the bite is good.

Default Re: Perch Locations

We drove past Marblehead lighthouse this afternoon and nobody was fishing there.

Green wasn't good for us today. But I think it was slow for most . What we did catch were not as big either.

We perch fished NW of Kellies today.The 4 of us could only manage 18 perch but weighed 9lbs at cleaners.Could only find Goldie's and fish seam to prefer the smaller minnows.Moved around and found good marks but was very slow.

Those are chunkers!!! 15 pounds per limit!

We drove by MH light almost to the rocks dock on way out. Didn't see good marks to stop. No one fishing there. Went up to south of kellies, no marks, then SW of carpenters point, some marks and a couple boats so we stopped. Half hour later 1 bite and no fish. Moved up to NW of carpenters with the armada. No fish in 30 mins and didn't see others catching. We moved up to South MBI and no marks, then over to NW of SBI 1/3 of the way to Rattlesnake. One boat there on a hump we were aiming for. We stopped next to them and they said they had 40 decent size. We caught 6 keepers 8-11 inches in 2 hours and had 6 throwbacks. Most on goldies but one keeper on frozen chunk of emerald. The boat next to us also caught about 6 and left before us. Tough day for sure.

Rickerd

We had a tough day on Sunday as well around Green Island. I’m looking to go out again Friday, does anyone have any recommendations? It seemed like most people struggled last weekend but I’m hoping the bite picks back up this weekend.

I talked to a charter captain and he said most charters keep a log of their fishing spots over the years so they know exactly where they want to go depending on the week. I went to waterdog’s perch report which goes all the way back to 2011. He had success at G can the third week of August almost every year so that’s where I’m inclined to go. I’m assuming there’s a good reason he kept going back year after year.

About a mile off the lighthouse and in I searched and searched on Saturday. There were piles of Gulls around the Marblehead reef so I spent more than enough time dropping for them but caught nothing on Goldie’s. I moved down towards cedar point and caught a ton of white perch and white bass but no yellow perch.. if I go perching again I’m gonna make the drive to the Toledo intake

Quote Originally Posted by ReelyFun View Post
    We had a tough day on Sunday as well around Green Island. I’m looking to go out again Friday, does anyone have any recommendations? It seemed like most people struggled last weekend but I’m hoping the bite picks back up this weekend.

I talked to a charter captain and he said most charters keep a log of their fishing spots over the years so they know exactly where they want to go depending on the week. I went to waterdog’s perch report which goes all the way back to 2011. He had success at G can the third week of August almost every year so that’s where I’m inclined to go. I’m assuming there’s a good reason he kept going back year after year.
    We were out around Green last Saturday and it was slow for us. Ended up with 15 total. Hopefully things pick up soon. One thing that was interesting was one of the perch had a small walleye in it's gut I found while cleaning them.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelyFun View Post
    Has anyone heard of any good reports for perch at the Marblehead Lighthouse? I am trying to figure out where to fish tomorrow, I was planning on going to Green Island as of right now but I’m open to other locations if the bite is good.
    The same thing happened the last three years. Perch turned on for a couple weeks early August then shut down when the spiny fleas covered the bottom of the lake. They lay there and suck them in and do not need to chase shiners. Bite will pick up again last of Sept/ first of Oct. just like like the last couple of years. Don't waste your time perching until then.