Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022 Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022 Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022 Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022

Sorry, this entry is very late....reason being...I had to detail the boat, because it was being sold the next day, and there was a lot to do!

Emily had bought this trip for her husband Doug's birthday, which was back in June, but the soonest I could get them in was in July, so they picked July 30th, and the weather behaved.

We launched out of Huron that morning, and headed to Vermilion, where I had found a larger grade of fish on the previous trip. Unfortunately, those fish had moved, and all we were catching were junk fish and little buggers.

The winds was wacky that morning, and was coming from two directions....SW and NW at the same time, causing a washing machine effect with the waves.

After snagging something on the bottom near Vermilion, and spooling out the outside dipsey, breaking it off, we picked up and moved from Vermilion, back to the Huron dump area, and set up again with dipsies and Off Shore boards. Of course, we were down to three dipsies, since the one was taken out of action with half the spool of Power Pro gone from the reel.

To make a long story short, we only ended up with 8 keeper walleye, and a shortened day, when Emily and Doug called it, so they could get back home to spend time with their 4 year old, who was hanging out with Grandma for the morning.

It was a pleasant trip, with good company, and while the "fishing" was good, the "catching" was less than spectacular.

The next day, I took the new owner of the Ranger 621 out for a test ride and a little fishing, to show him how everything worked together. We fished for a couple hours north of Kelly's. We were marking fish, but only caught 2 there, before it was time to head in and go to Fisherman's Central to finalize his deal there.

He headed home to MN with the boat, and I'm now boat less until the new Vexus DVX22 shows up in a couple of weeks. The expected ship date is August 11th, so if it ships on that date, it will take two days to get to Ohio, and then, there will be two days of rigging all the stuff sitting here in my fishing room, and then, another day or two of breaking in the 400 Verado, before I can take clients out again.

So, I'm off until then, and wanted you all to know why you won't see any reports for most of the month.

I will be doing some perch fishing with friends next week, who are bringing their boat up, to use. I hope the perch are still biting next week, like they are this week!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022-doug-emily-7-30-20221-jpg Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022-doug-emily-7-30-20222-jpg Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022-doug-emily-7-30-20224-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022

Thanks for your reports Capt Juls. I feel I have learned a lot from your posts. I was out there Saturday morning as well and thought the same thing. "these waves are wonky" It did calm down after awhile though. Those little walleye are a nuisance but they are the future of our fishery so it's tolerable. But wow, I couldn't keep them off the spoons. Luckily I managed to bring home 6 keepers but it took about 6 hours and sifting thought a few dozen baby walleye and other species.
    Look forward to seeing your future posts once you get back at it !

Great post as always Capt. Juls - thanks again for always sharing.
    The difficult I do immediately, The impossible takes me a little longer...

Congratulation on sale and good luck on the new boat.
    It will seem strange you not in a Ranger. I remember when I sold my last Ranger, It was mixed feelings for sure.

Please post a pic of the new boat when you get it rigged.
    Mike

I have never seen or heard of a Vexus before. Are they better made than a Ranger?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Duck View Post
    I have never seen or heard of a Vexus before. Are they better made than a Ranger?
    The folks who created Ranger Boats now make Vexus Boats.
    www.vexusboats.com

This is what mine will look like...but it will have silver inside and charcoal/red seats (which this pic doesn't show).
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Doug and Emily 7/30/2022-screen-shot-2022-08-03-4-00-18-am-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice!
    Mike

that's one awesome fisin machine right there, CONGRATS!!!!!!

Very nice! Sweet looking ride...
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Love his shirt... Go Pack Go!