Job? Job? Job? Job?

Thread: Job?

Default Job?

Anyone know of any Charters that might be hiring?
    I live in Kentucky now but I plan to move to Port Clinton very soon, I totally fell in love with the lake,
    If you know of any other jobs In the area I’d be interested in those too

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Default Re: Job?

I'm not a charter captain nor do I know a bunch about the business. But I do know it's a bit late in the season to find a job as a mate. You should look up the Lake Erie Charterboat Associaltion ( LECBA - Lake Erie Charter Boat Association ) and contact someone there, although it looks like their web site hasn't been updated in several years. Otherwise just do an internet seasch for "lake erie chart boat" and start calling. You'll eventually find someone to help you. Also the "head boat" operations are a good place to start (Shore-nuf, Fisherman's Wharf, Tibbels, others).

As far as getting a living wage job in the area, what job skills do you have? Experience? What are you willing to learn, or have an interest in (besides fishing)? There are plenty of jobs available in lots of different occupations, as with just about everywhere in the counrty right now. If you have a good work ethic and are willing to put the time and effort in, you should be able to find something pretty quick. I know many of the Islands businesses need people soon, as the college and school employees will be leaving soon but the season goes on another two months or more.

If you want, PM me and we can chat. I can help you start your quest, as I'm quite famliar with the area.

Default Re: Job?

I contacted a couple of my charter buddies to see if they knew of anyone looking for a first mate. Unfortunately,they did not know of anybody needing one as of now.What west basin said about checking the head boats.That is a good option to start too.
    The port clinton area certainly is a great area during the warm weather,but things there are very seasonal.Alot of the businesses close or slow down during the cold weather.But with so many businesses looking for help,I'm sure you can find something.Good luck.I'm sure there will be charters looking for help in the spring.So be sure to check around before next season kicks off.