Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022 Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022 Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022 Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022

Default Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022

This one, is going to be short and fast, because I had to cut two lawns this afternoon, when I got home, and I've run out of time....it's time to go to bed. lol

Picked my Indiana crew up at 4:45 and went to Huron to launch. We headed out at 5:30 and started out in front of Cranberry Creek, in 26' of water and just trolled ENE for one long pass, until we were past Vermilion.

I had the Ulterra heading in a way that we gradually entered deeper water the further we went. When we hit 43' by the V-dumping ground, we zig-zagged around there.

We caught fish the entire way, but mostly shorts and junk fish. We did manage to get 23 of our 24 fish limit, though, before we ran out of time and headed in.

This was a learning trip for Gus, and his friends Tim and Rick. They fish together, and use Off Shore boards, but had difficulty knowing how to bring in the outer boards without having to bring in the insides boards first, so that was easy to teach.
    They had never used dipsies either, but wanted to learn how to use them, too. They caught on very quickly and by the third hour, we were working together like a well-oiled machine.

They were kept very busy the entire time, checking for little fish hanging on the dipsies, which they usually were, so they got a lot of practice.

So, for as far as a "learning trip" goes....mission accomplished!

Dipsies were set originally, in the shallower water, at 25 and 27 on the zero setting, and 40 and 50 on the two setting. Then, as we got over deeper water, they were gradually lowered to just above where we saw fish on the Solix. Once we were over 40' of water, the best settings were 56 and 60 on the zero setting, and 80-100 on the two setting.

At one point, I put a black/gold Ripplin Redfin on the port side, two setting dipsey, which took several fish, before it was stolen by what I think was a muskie hit. Less than 30 seconds before that disappeared, an entire dipsey set up with an orange/copper Scorpion spoon went missing after a huge tug on the rod happened.
    Coincidence? I think not....just a big old hungry beast, I think. Who knows...we never saw it, to confirm it. So, it can be whatever I want it to be. Ha!

Bandits ran with 2oz Guppy weights, put on at the 50 mark, and run a total back at 125, 119, and 110 on once side, and 120, 115, and 110 on the other side. All of these took fish.
    Colors were: Green Lantern (2), Furmi-Nuff (2), Blue Chrome, and Chrome Perch.

Speed was 2.5

The guys had a good time, did a great job, and enjoyed the nice weather we had today. It was an enjoyable and productive morning.

Tomorrow, is not going to be so nice, and I have cancelled, due to the wind and weather forecast for tomorrow. They are calling for a couple of decent hours in the morning and then scattered showers and thunderstorms from 8-11 with gusty winds.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022-gus-tim-rick-7-22-20221-jpg Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022-gus-tim-rick-7-22-20222-jpg Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022-gus-tim-rick-7-22-20223-jpg Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022-gus-tim-rick-7-22-20224-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Gus, Rick, and Tim 7/22/2022

My son and I went out this morning(07/23) early wanting to beat the storms coming in. We fished blind with no electronics as I sent my gps unit in for warranty work, and only have the one unit. We set up in front of the condos east of Vermilion, and headed east towards Lorain. After sorting thru many shorts, we managed to find a school of nice eyes 18-20" in front of the Lorain Water Works facility and lined up with the light at the entrance of the Black River breakwall. Sorry, remember I was fishing with no electronics, so I used landmarks to remember where to go back to. Limited before the storm moved in. 40 jets with small spoons 30 -70 back.