Any drifters out there Any drifters out there Any drifters out there Any drifters out there
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Any drifters out there

Started out trolling dipseys NNE of the Lorain lighthouse and in 2 hours got only shorts and junk. Shut the motor down in 38 feet and started drifting with my spinning gear. Got my limit and more in the next hour on a worm harness, all on the bottom. Had to work the line, drawing it back and dropping it down or opening the bail then winding in. Dragging a second line with a harness unattended got absolutly nothing. More fun catching that way.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyDays View Post
    Thanks for the good info! And I’m assuming the choice for weight of the egg sinker (1/2oz all the way up to 1oz) is made based on how windy and how fast the drift/current is for the day? Thanks…
    Yes. Depending on winds & how fast you are drifting helps determine weight. Also depth of the fish. Even on a fast drift if the fish are high you can use 1/2 oz. But if the fish are deeper you may need to go to a 1oz or even more to stay in the zone as long as you can

Quote Originally Posted by DeBaited View Post
    Yes. Depending on winds & how fast you are drifting helps determine weight. Also depth of the fish. Even on a fast drift if the fish are high you can use 1/2 oz. But if the fish are deeper you may need to go to a 1oz or even more to stay in the zone as long as you can
    This was my last walleye casting trip for the year. Perch time now. Fished both Saturday & Sunday at crib / Niagara area. 2 of us caught 10 each day. Early morning shallower water as morning sun got higher moved to the deeper edges. Saturday quit at 11. Sunday at 1030. Both red beads & gold beads with gold blades with a little green & black dots took the fish Both mornings were perfect drifts until time we stopped wind quit