Perch Advise for next week Perch Advise for next week Perch Advise for next week Perch Advise for next week

Default Perch Advise for next week

Headed to the Island area next week. Looking for advice on perch fishing. Locations, tactics, and baits. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Perch Advise for next week

I asked at the bait store friday if there were any perch reports. Told me some catches being reported in the monument area off south bass. Also that people were starting to fish all the traditional areas- west of catawba, south of green island, American eagle shoal. On our way in we passed several boats anchored off Lakeside on marblehead. Hopefully you can get a better report before you go out. Tactics: I always use a straight in line rig. Sinker on bottom-then hook about 4 inches up and another 8 inches above that. Shiners are preferred bait. fish on bottom. Let us know if you do any good.

Baha299

Thank You so much. This helps for a starting point. I am a novice on Erie and I am taking one of my customers there for a quick get away trip. Will let you know if we do any good. Thanks and have a blessed day.

Wife and I went out Saturday morning. Report from A N J bait shop were all over the place. Intake, A can, F can , Green island, Monument, Rattlesnake, Marblehead, you name it. No big limits being caught yet. Wife and I tried A can since we dock at Fenwick. We caught 12. Very slow. We moved around and ended up over by the intake and only caught 4 more. Alot of junk fish.