Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022 Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022 Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022 Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022

I called, and gave my crew a wake-up call at 3:45am, like I promised. I wasn't leaving it up to the lazy front desk crew at the Best Western, to get them up. lol

I told Marc and Jim I would pick them up at 4:30, and showed up early...went in, and chatted with them over breakfast. After they were done eating, we hit the road at 4:30, and did the usual gas station stop, before heading to Vermilion to launch.

We were headed down the Vermilion River by 5:20, just as it was getting light out. The wind was light out of the north, and the air temp was 64 degrees. The sky was mostly clear, with a brightly lit full moon, sitting low in the western sky.

After taking a right at the break wall, we headed NNW for about 8-9 miles before setting up over 50 feet of water. The marks showing on the Solix were deep this morning. I'm thinking that full moon, and the thermocline, had something to do with that behavior, but it's only a guess on my part.

Bandits behind the Off Shore boards were set with 2oz Guppy weights at the 50 mark, and then let out to a total of 150 and 130 on the starboard side (colors were Carrot Top and Green Lantern/red chin), and 145 and 125 on the port side (Carrot Top and Blue Chrome). Those all took nice fish multiple times.

Dipsies were set with Yeck spoons, Stinger, and Scorpion Stingers spoons....note: the Scorpions were taken off and replaced with the larger BadMo spoons, which was a good replacement.
    Zero setting was 60 on both sides, and the two settings were 100 and 105. All of these took multiple fish, too.

Speed was 2.3-2.5mph

The color confusion was good in both the Yeck and Stinger spoons. The effective BadMo that we used, had an antifreeze green on the back side. I tried one with the pink antifreeze, but it did nothing, so I replaced it with another Confusion (copper with pastel colored dots), and it started catching, too.

The bite was a little faster, early, and then slowed a bit, but still very good all morning....and, the best part... there were no other boats in site. Which was nice, because I didn't have to keep turning around to see where other boats were, and who had the right-of-way.

My crew was busy all morning, and we each kept a nice grade of walleye for our 3-person limits. I've had Marc and Jim for three days now, and each day our cooler has gotten heavier with a better grade of fish. I'm not sure where we are headed tomorrow. The wind is only supposed to be 8mph out of the south. I may try someplace closer to home, this time.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022-marc-jim-7-14-20222-jpg Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022-marc-jim-7-14-20223-jpg Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022-marc-jim-7-14-20224-jpg Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022-marc-jim-7-14-20225-jpg Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022-marc-jim-7-14-20226-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Day 3 of 4 Fishing with Marc and Jim 7/14/2022

Great report !!!when is new boat coming i have a buddy looking to buy one just looking for some feedback on the new rig

Thanks again for your report. Good to see the Green Lantern is still producing for you. Have you tried Fermi Chrome lately? That one has been very good for me.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

hey, juls it's nice you got into some nice fish but not too big. I was asking for reports on another forum and your reply helped me a lot. I read your reports on here but rarely post. but this time I thought I would just let you know the reports really help us guys that have spent our time going to school on charters and are now trying it on our own. when I first moved from the western basin to the central basin I had never even touched a dipsy diver. but after only 2 days of fishing with hot rod charters out of geneva, we were able to run 6 dipsies and 2 downriggers. we had more than a few tangles and still get one every so often. I did switch to the deeper divers but now run the lite bite slide diver. we just use them like a dipsy with a 6' or 7' fluro leader. but I love the lite bite feature when the white perch are around. thanks for being such a nice person and helping so many of us to learn a little that helps us catch more fish.

Quote Originally Posted by KPI View Post
    Great report !!!when is new boat coming i have a buddy looking to buy one just looking for some feedback on the new rig
    Your guess is as good as mine. It keeps getting pushed back.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    Thanks again for your report. Good to see the Green Lantern is still producing for you. Have you tried Fermi Chrome lately? That one has been very good for me.
    I haven't...I'll put one on today, and give it a try.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    I haven't...I'll put one on today, and give it a try.
    Thanks! I am curious to see how you do with it.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Thanks! I am curious to see how you do with it.
    Freaky good today, with it! Thanks for the heads up...appreciate it!
    [email protected]

Who makes the Fermi chrome spoon? Would like to,pick up a couple.

Thanks, Gill

Quote Originally Posted by gill View Post
    Who makes the Fermi chrome spoon? Would like to,pick up a couple.

Thanks, Gill
    It's not a spoon. It's a custom painted Bandit by Slim Shady Customs...

Fermi-Chrome
    – Slimshady Customs
    [email protected]