Perch Perch Perch Perch

Thread: Perch

Default Perch

Is anybody heard of any reports on perch fishing. Went out July 4th weekend and caught some out by the intake but not hot and heavy by any sense of the word. Would like to take the kids out this weekend and give a try again. Any help would be appreciated

Default Re: Perch

I was thinking by Mid July last year, the perch had turned on pretty well. But that was last year.

I remember August last year getting them along with a pack of boats south of Green island.

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    I remember August last year getting them along with a pack of boats south of Green island.
    Yeah. I remember there was a large pack of boats between Green and the Catawba Cliffs/Catawba State Park area around the end of July/beginning of August

That was a great day. There was a stiff wind out of the North. Had a hard time keeping my boat anchor dug in. Invested in a new one. Grand daughter had a double with in a couple minutes. Couldn't stay planted.

Caught 25 nice ones 7/16 right near the can at D. Took about 3 hours but did not catch any small fish. Goldies

Tried Perchin the 15th, after 3 moves and 3 hours had 5 Perch South of G. Put away the Perch Gear and put on the trolling gear and caught 2 more Perch and 24 Walleye in the same area. Lot of short Walleye also, to many to count.

Great report. Keep posting, I need all the information I can get. What baits are you using? Thanks