4/25 Report 4/25 Report 4/25 Report 4/25 Report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4/25 Report

fishnhunt Guest

Default 4/25 Report

Launched out of Wild Wings at 5:30 a.m. and were done at 9:00 with a 2 man limit. The water kept getting rougher as the morning went on. We fished right out front in 12-14 fow. The fish seemed to be biting better out around 13-14 fow. Best hair jig was black and white. The bite was really on till about 7:30 and then started to slow.

walleyewacker Guest

Same report for me. Left the dock around 6:15. Made 3 short drifts and had the limit, 3 man. Around 7:30 to 8:00 the bite slowed and the wind picked up. Fished longer for the last fish than we did for the first 11. Sunday is looking better, the wind is not going to be as strong, at least in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/25/09 wild wings

I think I'm going to quit coming in april. Second year in a row getting skunked in April. Left the dock at 7:30 and didn't get a fish all day quit at 2:30. My friend Phil got two nice males at about 11:00. then nothing the rest of the day for him either. With gas prices and all the other expenses I'll start coming in late june or early july. I guess I'm no jig fisherman. Oh and We tried every color and even some blade baits. The two Phil caught were on white jigs tipped with a shiner. Can't wait for worm harnesses and bottom bouncers season. Good luck to the rest of you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Hope you startd early

That was the common consensus this morning at the reefs. We got a late start at 630 and we boated 10 between 3 adults and a 12 yr old.
    He caught his first lake erie walleye!!! Nothing special just a windy slow bite, better luck tommorrow. With the wind laying down it should be good
    Captain Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgbigo View Post
    I think I'm going to quit coming in april. Second year in a row getting skunked in April. Left the dock at 7:30 and didn't get a fish all day quit at 2:30. My friend Phil got two nice males at about 11:00. then nothing the rest of the day for him either. With gas prices and all the other expenses I'll start coming in late june or early july. I guess I'm no jig fisherman. Oh and We tried every color and even some blade baits. The two Phil caught were on white jigs tipped with a shiner. Can't wait for worm harnesses and bottom bouncers season. Good luck to the rest of you all.

Sounds like a good honest April report. April is not my favorite month to fish, however May is. Mid May through mid June is almost always a sure bet. the females are likely holding their eggs right now waiting for the water to clear up so settling mud etc. won't suffocate them. The fish are there, just so muddy and windy it's hard to jig. I got ALL my yard work done for the season so I can hit it hard when the time is right. Sounds like Dr. Heckle landed his usual limit when no one else could.

fishnhunt Guest

Default Babe Winkleman

I forgot to mention that when we were leaving today, Babe Winkleman was just putting his boats in and getting ready to head out and get some tape. Hopefully somebody else saw him too so everybody doesn't think I'm crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe you. He loves to walleye fish and this is the place to be. I think I would have turned around and followed him. Or was that a little poke at our buddy tha can't do any wrong out there?

fishnhunt Guest

No that was not a poke at our site buddy. My dad and I got lucky enough to get our limit by around 9 and were tired of getting soaked in our 16ft. sylvan so we weren't going to follow him for an c & r action.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a neat experience after a good day of fishing.