Truck camper and towing boat Truck camper and towing boat Truck camper and towing boat Truck camper and towing boat
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Truck camper and towing boat

I have 1/2 ton Silverado V8 and 17' aluminum deep V. Want to buy a truck camper weighs 1250. Does anybody have a set up with 1/2 ton 2 WD 3 seater. My truck can pull all the weight just not sure about the payload in the bed. There is a sticker in my glove box that says slide in camper weight for truck is 1141 I'm thinking I could remove fridge and in boat shift weight to rear to get weight off tongue. Camper is not close so I can't go try it. Anyone have this setup. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Truck camper and towing boat

Have a suspension shop install a pair of Timbrons (spelling?) to your rear end. I have a 2019 1/2 F150 that pulls a 25' fifth wheel with an 18' deep-v walleye boat behind it with no problems.

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty cool. Just watched the install on YouTube. Easy fix. Think I'll put them on my self and try them out. Thanks for your suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

look up 4whell truck camper, very well made and light, buddy of mine in Eagle, wi sells them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    I have 1/2 ton Silverado V8 and 17' aluminum deep V. Want to buy a truck camper weighs 1250. Does anybody have a set up with 1/2 ton 2 WD 3 seater. My truck can pull all the weight just not sure about the payload in the bed. There is a sticker in my glove box that says slide in camper weight for truck is 1141 I'm thinking I could remove fridge and in boat shift weight to rear to get weight off tongue. Camper is not close so I can't go try it. Anyone have this setup. Thanks
    You will be extremely over weight, need to consider people, and any gear weight into this. Tire rating up for that? Timbrens or air bags do not increase GVWR! Less tongue weight will make the trailer sway, so you’ll have an over loaded truck with a trailer you can’t control…
    Glad I don’t live near you