4th Weekend 4th Weekend 4th Weekend 4th Weekend

Thread: 4th Weekend

Default 4th Weekend

Fished both days out of Catawba. Found fish in 29-32 FOW. Got two 3 man limits but had to work for them. By far the best bandits were Sunspot @ 100 feet back and Chartreuse @ 90 feet back. Also several on chrome perch @ 50 feet back. Fished around green island. Speed 2.0 to 2.4. Figured I would share as not many reports to the West. Tons of higher fish that I could not get to bite. Tight lines everyone.

Default Re: 4th Weekend

Thank you for the post. Learning the area and great to hear of fish west of the islands!

Great report. What size fish did you find there.
    Last edited by Bob H; 07-05-2022 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Too wordy

Yeah it was nice as nobody is fishing out there. Marked lots of fish that didn't bite but it was 3 foot waves Saturday until 11 am. Only one fish from 6 am to 11 am. Then rest of limit that day from then til 7pm. Fish were mostly 16-19 inches with a few 20-22 inches. Also it was tougher with the mayfly carcasses and some soft weeds on the lines. The fish are there. It'll get easier soon IMO. Probably could have caught the high fish casting but didn't bring that gear. Was teaching a couple of my friends the planer board methodology.

The fish were from Green Island to F Can

I know guys are getting limits a lot faster in deeper water but I come out a few times a year and like to spend the time on the water. I also like to fish away from packs of boats.