4/24 report 4/24 report 4/24 report 4/24 report
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 4/24 report

Post Thanks / Like

Default 4/24 report

Just got home from fishing. The wind is screaming but at least its s-sw so the water isnt too rough. The water still looked pretty dirty but we only went out 2 miles. The bite was very slow. We finished with only 2 in the box. Didn't see hardly any nets going down and noticed that a few we did see had sheephead. We are probably gonna be out again tommorow morning but the forecast doesn't look any better.

leoharris Guest

Default also

we also just got home spent 3 hrs on the lake outside maumee bay had two on and lost none in the box wind was ruff

Post Thanks / Like

Cancelled the morning trip for tomorrow. Gonna wait till sunday. The wind is supposed to calm down some by then

Post Thanks / Like

I think that is a good call. It is killing me to not be able to get out. Maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. I have to pick my days carefully because I have a 1 hour 45 minute drive. The only other possible fishing could be the perch bite right off the Marblehead lighthouse. It is usually the last week of April when they fire up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default were did you fish ?

I was out in frt of davis besie were you out there too ?
    Last edited by MBLMIKE; 04-24-2009 at 10:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. In that general area. After our first run we wound up making 5 or 6 drifts from up close in 7-8ft of water. Of course the drift was so fast we were ending up in about 12-13ft in a couple minutes. Drift speed was an average of about 1.5mph with a drift sock

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hope they'll call

I was out there too. Wind was blowing and a couple times water splashed over the bow. Drift was between 1.2 - 1.5 so there was no way to keep the jig on the bottom. Learned not to leave the drift sock back home in the other boat. I also left my phone out there (in the lake) so I'm hoping to receive a call from Mr. Walleye when the bite is on.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the walleye on your phone are calling the walleye on my phone and running up the bill.........

Post Thanks / Like

Default cell phone found

blue they found your phone it was in a 30lb cod