Tuesday 6/28 evening Tuesday 6/28 evening Tuesday 6/28 evening Tuesday 6/28 evening

Default Tuesday 6/28 evening

We are still fishing out in front of Huron. 45 ft of water.
    The deep bite is still going strong. We fished from 5:00 to 8:00 PM. I hoped as the sun lowered the fish would come up, but we only caught a few on the bandits and those were 100 to 120 back. Best color was fruit dot.
    Once again the spoons were the go to baits. However, this evening we did much better on the larger singer spoon as opposed to the smalls which had been hot for us. Best colors today were Monkey Puck and Chicken Wing. We are still fishing them down 40. The bite was hot and heavy at 2.7 mph.
    Mike

Default Re: Tuesday 6/28 evening

BTW we had 30 keepers, but only kept 12.
    Mike

great reports and thank you,
    Rickerd

Where at in front of huron? looking to get out for the first time this year over the holiday weekend.

I fished Huron for the first time Tuesday and only caught one short from 6.30-11am. Talked to 3 different people who fish it all the time and they got limit's . I never marked good numbers of fish so my bad for not searching further. I've only fished the islands and know the area better. Found out that I was not out far enough. I was 5 miles and needed to be 8. I'm beating my self up about that but it was a learning lesson. It looks like there is a dumping area in the north east at around 13 miles or so anything in that distance probably would have been productive. I was in 44 feet of water and had some boats trolling the area but they didn't stick around long. I should have followed. I did fish spoons and flickers at different depths but was foolish to stick around Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by badboards View Post
    I fished Huron for the first time Tuesday and only caught one short from 6.30-11am. Talked to 3 different people who fish it all the time and they got limit's . I never marked good numbers of fish so my bad for not searching further. I've only fished the islands and know the area better. Found out that I was not out far enough. I was 5 miles and needed to be 8. I'm beating my self up about that but it was a learning lesson. It looks like there is a dumping area in the north east at around 13 miles or so anything in that distance probably would have been productive. I was in 44 feet of water and had some boats trolling the area but they didn't stick around long. I should have followed. I did fish spoons and flickers at different depths but was foolish to stick around Maybe next time.
    We are taking our trip from a Boat docked near venetian marina in the bay. Putting together online research made me think we need to get around CP and head east to at least Huron and maybe Vermillion. Are there any areas closer to the bay/islands that are also worth while? Thanks in advance for your help, we are a couple of idiots just wanting to fish over the holiday weekend haha.

Quote Originally Posted by HuronFishing View Post
    We are taking our trip from a Boat docked near venetian marina in the bay. Putting together online research made me think we need to get around CP and head east to at least Huron and maybe Vermillion. Are there any areas closer to the bay/islands that are also worth while? Thanks in advance for your help, we are a couple of idiots just wanting to fish over the holiday weekend haha.
    Well, you won't be the only idiots out on the lake over the holiday weekend. There will be PLENTY of others! 😂

I stay at East harbor state park campground when I come up and usually fish East of Kelly's or out past CP toward Huron in 40' or more this time of year. Mayflys have been hatching but should be over. They were the reason I trailered to Huron to fish. It was better water quality a few dead mayfly husk but not that bad. You could from the bay area boat east towards Huron with out a problem if the lake lays down for you. I wish I had it over to do again because the bite was good there Tuesday. Hope this helps.

My suggestion is to fish NNE from Huron. Go out until you are in 45 ft of water. Troll East if the waves will allow. Stay well south of the line in that pocket of deeper water.

Good luck and boat defensive.
    Mike