6/24 Morning out of Huron 6/24 Morning out of Huron 6/24 Morning out of Huron 6/24 Morning out of Huron

Default 6/24 Morning out of Huron

1st trip out this month of June. Got started out of Huron River a bit before 6am. Headed North - NorthEast. One boat trolling near by. My plan was to start about 38 FOW and troll north going deeper. Got set up with two dipsy one on 3 setting about 55' out and other on 0.5 setting about 45' out. Using a wonderbread and various other spoons. Put out a board with a carrot top bandit at 65'. Dispy divers got bit very quick. Mostly smaller eyes but some 17 to 18". Decided to put another dipsy on and watermelon spoon. Got a few sheep and white bass. Steady action. Eventually turned back south into the wind and headed back toward Huron River about 8am in 45 FOW. Dipsy lead length range was 50 to 70 and all depths caught.
    Bite was slowing. Picked up a few more small eyes and got my 6th legal fish but it was just over 15" I decided to set the toothy little fish missile back into the water so it can grow some more. Within 15 or 30 minutes the fish karma put a 23" eye on the line for my 6th. Did loose 2 keepers at the boat during the day. One raised his head and shook himself free. The other I lost at the net because I lifted it too far before the net was under. Headed back in a little after 9am. Had plans for later that day so 10am was my on the water limit.

Early on I had no lines in the water for about 20 or 30 minutes due to one of the smaller eyes deciding to tangle into my 2nd tipsy. My fault. I didn't raise the rod and let it clear the inside line long enough after popping it. Took awhile to untangle that mess. Had to cut the flouro leaders and pull through the braid. Sigh, no fun.

All in all, great day on the water. Calm and cool. Not too many bugs. Not a ton of mayfly carcasses floating. Only hit one spot that had them thick.

Default Re: 6/24 Morning out of Huron

Thanks Mike. Tuesday will be my last trip till Fall Perchin. Love everybody's help here.