6/24 Fri and Sat 6/25 6/24 Fri and Sat 6/25 6/24 Fri and Sat 6/25 6/24 Fri and Sat 6/25

Default 6/24 Fri and Sat 6/25

Friday afternoon decided to gas up and run NE of KI close to the line to look for fish as I have been struggling around the islands lately. Talked to a few guys at the dock who did OK there. Finally marked some fish at 30ft and got my limit in about 4 hours. Used larger spoons and the old blue chrome bandit caught the biggest 2 early evening as I saw some higher marks. Lots of non fish clutter in upper third of water column. A lot of mayfly husks on surface. Bugs (midgies) were horrible.

Friends came Sat and we went out to the same area around 10 am and fished until 4 Lots of boats on the horizon East. Same deep marks but super slow catching...ran the same program dipsies just above the marks at 30/35ft...only caught 5 fish....harnesses and spoons. Late afternoon we were by ourselves, no boats. I am assuming the early morning bite is where its at and gets 70% of your fish? Also still a lot of Mayfly husks in the water.

Hope that area sets up and gets better (for me) in the next couple of weeks. It is a challenge and I respect those who know the areas and consistently adjust and catch fish.
    2016 Everglades 230CC
    300 Yamaha
    9.9 Yamaha kicker
    Lowrance Gen 3 Fishfinder

Default Re: 6/24 Fri and Sat 6/25

Thanks for the report. Very helpful. I'm gonna try further east out of Huron Tuesday. Gonna have Deet and Liquid Dawn in a spray bottle on hand. I personally have never seen the biting fly's on the water this bad. Even my dog's were miserable.