Friday 6/24 afternoon Friday 6/24 afternoon Friday 6/24 afternoon Friday 6/24 afternoon

Default Friday 6/24 afternoon

We fished north out of Huron, trying to find a better concentration of fish. We found a nice school north north east in 44 ft of water. We refined yesterdays program.
    Our bigger fish came on Spro Madeye 120s Golden Perch back 80 naked (we ran them both sides). But the vast majority of fish were on the small Michigan Stinger spoons. We ran nothing but Copper Wonderbread.
    The key for us was to work the spoons down 40 over 44-47 water. We kept speed at 2.4, there was no wind or waves so it was easy. We did do s turns but it did not seem to matter, the fish came inside, outside, and on the straight. The midgis were terrible! It took longer to run out and back than to catch our limits. Mostly nice eaters, 17 inchers on the spoons (two throw backs), but we had 3, 23-24 inchers on the spros.
    Mike

Default Re: Friday 6/24 afternoon

Thanks much for your post Mike Really helped me starting out and fishing so deep.Who knows how long it would have taken till I got the dipseys deep enough.We fished this morning NE of Kellies,near the line.Got all our fish on dipseys today.Had a couple harnesses on inline boards and they caught nothing.Ran the dipsies 3 setting at 90 and 95 and 1 setting at 75 and 70.Had a green and wonderbread spoon harness and two worm harnesses on the dipsies and they all caught.Kept speed from 2.3-2.5mph today.The midges were tolerable but biting flies got some food today.Took us 5hrs to get our 24 and weighed 50 lbs at cleaners.Biggest around 23".

absory Guest

Default -

If the weather holds out, I plan to fish in and around Burnham harbor Friday afternoon from 1pm-dark if anyone would like to join.

Yellow Hobie outback, orange drysuit, or PM for cell #

I plan to run 2-3 lines of cranks/spoons with a dodger/fly in the box if its slow.