Walleye or Perch Fishing?   Come Friday. Walleye or Perch Fishing?   Come Friday. Walleye or Perch Fishing?   Come Friday. Walleye or Perch Fishing?   Come Friday.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Walleye or Perch Fishing? Come Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by sickle View Post
    What area have you been fishing? 2 weeks ago we were killing them SW of West Sister, but I heard they moved out North & East of W. Sister. We dock at Meinke's and I don't really want to run 14 miles out to find fish. Thanks in advance.
    It might be a little far for you, but trolling between the toledo light to the dumping grounds near the state line has been good. Cedar point area was good a couple weeks ago but I can't confirm if they're still aroundd there.

Have been doing well for eyes out of Lorain. Also caught 5 nice perch on the Polish Reef drifting for walleye the weekend before last. If I had targeted perch I think I could have got my 10.

The weather settled back and I headed out of Lorain this afternoon at 3:30. Went West into the wind for about 4 miles to 42 foot and drifted back to 38 ft near the light house. The screen was loaded with marks top to bottom the whole way. Wind pushed the boat along at about 1.3 mph, perfect. Dragging a 1 ounce Big John and holding a rod with a worm harness and a 1 oz. egg sinker, had 6 fish in 45 minutes. Just drawing the rod forward and backward proved very effective. Had 2 shorts, 3 sheephead, 2 slobs and probably 20 eaters. Tomorrow should be a slaughter out there!
    Last edited by Davf; 06-24-2022 at 04:51 AM.