APRIL 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports APRIL 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports APRIL 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports APRIL 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default APRIL 2009 Western Lake Erie Fishing Reports

Actual Fishing Reports only please. Any post in this thread that is not a direct report of fishing activity will be deleted. We are creating an area where folks can easily scan actual fishing reports by date. We'll create a new sticky thread for each Month, May, June, July ....

Thanks for your cooperation and send in your reports!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 4 / 24/ 09 fishing in frt davis bessie

Went out friday 7 am on the water need to get out early for limits here lots of boats and movement shut them down caught one 24 inch male and a sheepshead for the garden wind very strong and cant keep a slow drift needed two drift socks but still very fast drift the lake is clearing up nicely

Whos_Yer Daddy Guest

Sat. 11:00 am-5:00 pm
    Windy 15-25 mph
    Water - Dirty
    3 People

75 Perch
    15 White Bass
    10 White Perch

and 1 biga** sheephead

Fished off the water tower east of East Harbor about 1 mile out. Perch turned on and off but did well.

Average 10"-12" Not to many big females
    Last edited by Whos_Yer Daddy; 04-26-2009 at 07:14 PM.

leoharris Guest

went out for 5 hrs and only got one tried all out in frt of davis b and had some what seemed to be bites but can not get jigg for nothiing try again next week no fish is killing me when they come across the radio with 3 and 4 man limits that kills me

Post Thanks / Like

4/24 Started out in 11 fow right just out from turtle creek. Picked up one, extremly windy, moved over to K-can and picked up one more. Decided to drive east to tossant reef. Picked up 4 more before dark.
    4/25 Started again in 12 fow right out from turtle creek, no success and no nets were swinging, so went out to tossant reef again. Picked up 10 fish and lost several at the boat. Only a couple other boats were out with us. We headed in at 11:15 am.

Overall fishing was slow and hard due to the high winds. That was the concensus at the dock and cleaning station. So I wouldn't worry if you got skunked, just a tough weekend of fishing.

EYEGETTER Guest

Default Sunday 4/26/09 Turtle Creek

We went out of Turtle creek Sunday morning (4/26/09), started fishing just West of the mouth about 6:30 a.m. in 12 -14 fow.

There were three of us and we only got three walleye, we also lost one at the boat. The majority of the people around us were doing about the same as us, however one boat beside us had two guys and we must have watched them catch at least 10 in about 45 minutes.

At the dock we meet up with 4 guys that caught 14 walleye using purple and green hair jigs. We got two of ours on black and white and the other on butterscotch. I appriciate all the reports from everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

This was a good weekend. We fished sat got 13 needed 3 more out in front of crane creek in 14fow got ran off from the rollers, sun cought 9 needed 3 more in 14fow north of K can, but my wife got hungry, Mon we cought 5 and needed three more in front of crane creek in 13 to 14fow. Then the wind picked up and pushed us off the water. MAjority of our fish we got on 3/4oz purple hair jigs with some green tensil. The high light of the weekend was mon when we got chased off the lake went back to my dock at wild wings, and Babe Winkleman was there, with Eric Olsen. I got an autograph it was awsome. That is not a walleye wacker story.

littlefish Guest

Default Sunday 4/26

Went out Sunday out of turtle creek at sun up. We set up east of the pack with 1 drift sock out. We picked up 12 males by 10:00 threw back 2 females Used purple hair jigs with big minnows. We had 4 boats around us. It looked like there nets where going down too. Ever time I thought we should move west and set up our drift again we would pick up one. (Never leave fish to find fish)
    (Stayed at a freinds condo this place was great told him I would pass it on http://www.a1vacations.com/rental-home/p161634 )
    Last edited by littlefish; 05-01-2009 at 06:46 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough fishing today 5/2, tried first out at crib reef, nothing and saw no nets swinging, then went down to toussaint reef and again no success, couple of boats and only saw one walleye pulled. Drove over to K-can, picked up three in first drift. Ended up catching 10, it was hard, fished with hair jigs and large minnows.