equipment? equipment? equipment? equipment?

Thread: equipment?

Smile equipment?

i will be fishing out of wild wings apr.18-20th. it will be the first time out in my own boat on the big water.it is a bass boat so i will buy a marine radio to make sure of the weather.my question is,is a marine radio the same as a ship to shore radio and if not is a ship to shore radio required to be on the great lakes?i have a boater reg. guide on the way but don't know how long it will take to get here so any info on this will help to get prepared.i don't want things to go south and have to have one of you guys rescue meif you can think of any other things that would be helpful i would appreciate it.tight lines to all

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Yes it is the same.You also need anchor and plenty of rope,Distress flag,Flares and lifejackets and a throwable lifesaving device such as boatcushion or lifering and a whistle or horn.Without these items you can be ticketed.Oh yeah don't forget your fire extinguisher.Are you the guy From Fort Wayne? If so I can give you some Directions.

Quote Originally Posted by ERIE REBEL1 View Post
    Yes it is the same.You also need anchor and plenty of rope,Distress flag,Flares and lifejackets and a throwable lifesaving device such as boatcushion or lifering and a whistle or horn.Without these items you can be ticketed.Oh yeah don't forget your fire extinguisher.Are you the guy From Fort Wayne? If so I can give you some Directions.
    yes i am the one from ft.wayne.i would greatly appreciate any help you could give me.i am a rookie at this kind of fishing only did the charter thing so i never had to pay attention to the boating details just fishing.thanks for the help erie rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by gillgitter View Post
    yes i am the one from ft.wayne.i would greatly appreciate any help you could give me.i am a rookie at this kind of fishing only did the charter thing so i never had to pay attention to the boating details just fishing.thanks for the help erie rebel.
    i seen your reply to wild wings and i too had planed to launch from there but i think i will take your word for it.is happy hooker a hotel?if so is it a decent place to stay?i will have my wife and a buddy with me and i know my wife is kind of picky.my buddy and i could care less as long as were fishing.are the fish close by at this time of year because i have a bass boat and don't want to push my luck to far

Talking I Like the way you Think!

HaHa Happy Hooker is just a bait store. No hotel or rooms for rent. Ya gotta bring your own sand to this beach.

Have fun and you will catch lots of fish.

C Ya on the Water

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Gillgetter,PM sent.