Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022 Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022 Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022 Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022

Knowing, that the morning winds would be lighter than later in the morning, with storms forecast for the afternoon, I wanted to be off the water early this morning. There's been a hot bite along the east shore from Huron to Lorain, so I decided it would be a good idea to launch out of Huron, this morning. It was cheaper to trailer the boat there with my truck, than run across the water with a 400 Verado.

Mike Shepperson has fished with me for years now, and changes who he brings with him, each time. This morning, he brought his grandson, Trayton, and his granddaughter, Tianna, along. Tianna wasn't too happy about the early morning hour that they had to meet me, but she proved to be a trooper, and a good luck charm. Every fish, she brought in this morning, were the better ones in the cooler.

Trayton, is a fantastic older brother, and was so helpful to her. I said to him, "You're doing such a good job, that I'm going to have to promote you to "First Mate"". He said, "Thank you, but I don't know what that is". I explained it to him....

We left the mouth of the Huron river at 5:30am, and headed east. I set the boat, down, off plane, over 28 feet of water, and found there were fish showing up on the Solix, so we set up.

Down came the Ulterra and baby Merc. With the press of a few buttons, they were both set to do their necessary functions, and set on a course along that 28' contour, at a speed of 2.5mph.

Two dipsies ran off each back corner. The "inside rods" (7' rods) ran on the zero settings, and the "outside rod", (longer..8'3" rods), were set on the two settings.

The zero settings were at 25 and 27' back, and the two settings were set at 35 and 37' back. However, sometimes we had to close a bail early, while we brought fish in, and that higher lead would catch too. Or, we got distracted, and the bail was left open too long, so it went deeper, and we would catch on those.
    I think the fish are just super hungry right now. (I'm not marking any bait balls, like I have in the past, so that's a bit worrisome, because I don't want to start seeing skinny fish with big heads...because, that would mean they are starving)

Spoon colors were varied...it didn't matter. I had a silver hammered w/1 blue edge, orange/copper, blueberry muffin, and red-headed wonder bread. They were definitely not picky today.

"This feels too much like work", I said to Mike, as I reached for the net, for the 20th time, in a short period. He laughed, and I don't remember his reply, but it was positive. They all had a good time, and did a great job setting lines, and bringing in fish. Mike will be with me again next month, and that makes me happy.

My trip for tomorrow has been rescheduled to the fall, and I was scheduled off for Wednesday, for Jen's birthday day, so I won't be back out until Thursday, where I have another island pick up that morning. Too bad, I would have taken them back to Huron for that fun bite. But, I'm not running that far when there are fish around the islands. Gawd, I miss that gas sipping G2 really bad right now. lol

See you in a couple of days...

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022-mike-trayton-trianna-6-6-20222-jpg Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022-mike-trayton-trianna-6-6-20225-jpg Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022-mike-trayton-trianna-6-6-20226-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 06-06-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022

Very nice. Did you try any Bandits today, or just spoons? Did you get the latest ones that I sent you or not yet?
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    Very nice. Did you try any Bandits today, or just spoons? Did you get the latest ones that I sent you or not yet?
    No, no cranks. I knew it was going to be a fast bite, so I only ran two dipsies off each side. It was busy, busy, busy.

I received my order today...thank you. Which one is the un-named one again? Is it the black head with the pearl body and tail, with the red chin, and sparkly flecks? You didn't write names on the bags, like you did before...and, I can't remember most names, sooooo.....
    [email protected]

If I remember correctly, I sent you a Glacier Shad, a Smokeshow Chrome and then the unnamed one.

This is the Glacier Shad:

Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022-glacier-shad-jpg

This is the Smokeshow Chrome:

Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022-smokeshow-chrome_aug_21-jpg

The one that wasn't either of those is the one that needs a name...
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

If I remember correctly, I sent you a Glacier Shad, a Smokeshow Chrome and then the unnamed one.

The one that wasn't either of those is the one that needs a name...
    You sent me 4 others besides the three Green Lanterns I ordered.

I have that blue glass with the orange belly already, so that can't be the new one, right?
    Is it the one I pointed out in the pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022-790cfcd4-c968-4294-86aa-f170cce30669_1_201_a-jpg 
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    You sent me 4 others besides the three Green Lanterns I ordered.

I have that blue glass with the orange belly already, so that can't be the new one, right?
    Is it the one I pointed out in the pic?
    I forgot that I put the chartreuse and black one in there too. You don't have one of the blue and orange ones already, at least not from me, because that is the first and only one that I have done....so far. You might be thinking of the "Whiskey and Water", which also has blue on it, with an orange belly. But that one is on a chrome blank, vs clear.

The black and chartreuse bait is similar to a pattern that I had about a year ago, but I phased it out due to slow sales. I still had a couple in my own box and they have been awesome every time I put them out, so I decided to bring it back. It was originally called "Chartreuse Shad", but I am open to suggestions.

I forgot that I put the chartreuse and black one in there too. You don't have one of the blue and orange ones already, at least not from me, because that is the first and only one that I have done....so far. You might be thinking of the "Whiskey and Water", which also has blue on it, with an orange belly. But that one is on a chrome blank, vs clear.

The black and chartreuse bait is similar to a pattern that I had about a year ago, but I phased it out due to slow sales. I still had a couple in my own box and they have been awesome every time I put them out, so I decided to bring it back. It was originally called "Chartreuse Shad", but I am open to suggestions.
    Nope, not thinking of Whiskey and Water....I know what that one is. The blue/orange is identical to another I have, that ended up in your box of cranks, so I thought it was yours.
    [email protected]

I like the name Astro Pop for that bait! which was a favorite candy of mine growing up. I guess you would have to change it a bit since probably copywrited.

Maybe Astro Minnow, or Astro Bait, or maybe AstroPops with no space gets you by the copy?
    Rickerd

Quote Originally Posted by rickerd View Post
    I like the name Astro Pop for that bait! which was a favorite candy of mine growing up. I guess you would have to change it a bit since probably copywrited.

Maybe Astro Minnow, or Astro Bait, or maybe AstroPops with no space gets you by the copy?
    Rickerd
    That could work. Let's see what Juls thinks of it, or if she has another suggestion. I am not familiar with that candy. I did have another one that I called "Bomb Pop" after the popsicle that I used to love as a kid. It was on a chrome blank and had the orange on the end. I liked it, but it didn't sell all that well, so I phased it out.

Fishing with Mike, Trayton, and Tianna 6/6/2022-bomb-pop-chrome_2_dec_2021-jpg

That could work. Let's see what Juls thinks of it, or if she has another suggestion. I am not familiar with that candy.
    I'm good with whatever names you want, because I probably won't remember them. Why do you think I write reports? Because.... I can't remember #%^! Ha!n
    [email protected]