Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022 Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022 Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022 Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022

Default Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022

I showed up at Mazurik's, to a quiet and empty parking lot at 4:30am, except for the birds...they were already up, and signing. It sounded so inviting. The weather was warm and muggy, and the wind was light out of the south, at 5mph.
    The air temp was in the high 70s.
    The sky was mostly clear, but there were clouds, thick on the horizon, so when the sun started to rise, it looked like mountains in the distance, with really great lighting behind it. It was a beautiful morning to be on the lake....just beautiful.

Kevin and John showed up early, so we hit the water at 5am and headed east of Marblehead and Kelly's. I say it that way, because there is a lot of water "East of Kelly's", and this narrows it down a little, if you can figure it out. lol I wasn't all the way to Kelly's, so split the difference, from the mainland to the island...and head east. We didn't have to go very far today.
    I don't mind giving the info today, because with tomorrow's NE winds, I won't be going there, tomorrow. I'll go someplace more protected.

The same program is working:
    Bandits behind Off Shore boards at 35, 40, 50, and 60 back and spoons behind dipsies, set on the zero and two settings.
    Bandit colors that caught today were:
    Carrot Top
    SunSpot
    Green Lantern
    Blue Chrome

Dipsey Settings:
    Zero settings were at 25 and 27 to start and then when the sun got higher in the sky, and we had trolled to deeper waters, we dropped them down to 35 and 41.
    The two settings started at 35 and 37, and one was moved to 40.

Speed was 2.5mph

I have Kevin and John again tomorrow. But, now that they are "trained" from today's trip, tomorrow should be a pretty easy trip for me. I just have to find them some fish....they know how to set it all up to catch them now. I don't even have to net them. Tomorrow is going to be a fun morning...fish be willing! Fingers crossed...

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022-kevin-john-6-1-20223-jpg Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022-kevin-john-6-1-20222-jpg Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022-kevin-john-6-1-20226-jpg Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022-kevin-john-6-1-20225-jpg Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022-kevin-john-6-1-20227-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Kevin and John 6/1/2022

hi capt jules, i know you give good reports but could you tell what color and kind of spoons are working for you on the dipseys in your reports...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman 2 View Post
    hi capt jules, i know you give good reports but could you tell what color and kind of spoons are working for you on the dipseys in your reports...thanks
    Other than the Red Headed Wonderbread Yeck spoon and the silver hammered with a blue edge, I don't know the names of them. Bunch of colors are working....greens, blues, pinks, purples, oranges...they eat them all. That's why I don't mention the names. Sorry.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

ok thanks i understand...yes spoons right now are working good

Great report, thanks for the info as always. Much easier for weekenders to have a general area to look than starting blind.

Thanks again for the shout-out. I added "Green Lantern" to my catalog and added the red to the chin per your suggestion. I do like it better that way. Yours will be on the way by tomorrow. I have 15 of them on the drying rack right now. Cheers! Mike (aka Slimshady)
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)