Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022 Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022 Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022 Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022

Default Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022

It's the last day of May of 2022... Summer, is on the way!

This morning, I was fishing with Mike Smith and his friend, Matt, who were to meet me at Mazurik's at 5:15. I arrived there at 4:30 and was pleasantly surprised to see it empty, and quiet.
    I got the boat ready to launch, and put new leaders on the dipsey rods, just to be safe... (I don't like losing spoons to break offs).

My crew arrived early, thankfully, because I was ready to go, and the sky was clear this morning, so it lightened up quickly. I'm not sure what time we left, but when we were halfway to our spot, I looked down at the Solix, to get the time, and it said, "5:08". We were done with our three-person limit by 8:15. We threw almost that many back, too, because they were short.

The size limit may be 15", but it doesn't go in unless it hits 15 1/2 inches...reason being, I throw them on ice, and the fish shrink up a bit, so this rule keeps us from showing up at the dock with a fish that measures under the required 15 inches.

We ran the same dipsey/spoon program I have been running for days:
    Zero settings at 25 and 27 to start...dropping to 30 and 35.
    Two settings at 35 and 37 to start...dropping to 40 and 43.

Bandits started out unassisted behind Off Shore boards at 40, 50, 60, and 70 back.
    Some adjustments were made throughout the morning, and we caught fish with Bandits at 35, 40, 50, 60, 77, and 90.
    Colors were:
    Blue Chrome (stock color)
    Green Lantern (Slim Shady Customs)
    Chrome Furmi-Nuff (Slim Shady)
    Big Bad Bill (Slim Shady)

The grade of fish was decent, and Mike and Matt were happy with the results. They both have their own boats, and do a lot of fishing. They just wanted to go with me to learn some things, that they had questions about...and, learn they did. They did a great job this morning, and made it easy for me.

The weather was beautiful, the company was fun, and the bite was very good...it doesn't get any better than that, and that makes me happy.

Tomorrow, is the start of a two day trip, and the weather looks good for another day. Then, Thursday, the wind will blow from the NE again. We shall see if this is a two-day trip or a one-day trip.

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022-mike-matt-5-31-20223-jpg Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022-mike-matt-5-31-20222-jpg Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022-mike-matt-5-31-20225-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022

I finally have time and now are able to post. Just wanted to let you all know that Juhl's is the real deal. She knows her equipment and her knowledge is outstanding. It's probably been close to 15 or more years since I've fished that way and it showed! Her patience and attention to detail showed and the results showed it. To sum it up we had a great time. Thank you Juhls! I look forward to another trip, and yes the Ranger was all I expected it to be. Mike ("Smitty")

Default Re: Fishing with Mike and Matt 5/31/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Mbuck37 View Post
    I finally have time and now are able to post. Just wanted to let you all know that Juhl's is the real deal. She knows her equipment and her knowledge is outstanding. It's probably been close to 15 or more years since I've fished that way and it showed! Her patience and attention to detail showed and the results showed it. To sum it up we had a great time. Thank you Juhls! I look forward to another trip, and yes the Ranger was all I expected it to be. Mike ("Smitty")
    Thanks, for the kind words! I look forward to fishing with you two again in the future, too!
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters