May 28 East of Kellys May 28 East of Kellys May 28 East of Kellys May 28 East of Kellys

Default May 28 East of Kellys

Lines in the water about 10:30 at what I think is called North Bay (by the beach and campground on Kelly’s ). Trolling big boards with four on board. Good marks, but first fish did not come until we hit by those two houses on the NE tip if Kelly’s. Then when we got to about one mile east of Kelly’s in that 40 plus FOW we slow picked. Ran shallow bandits on one side, and spoons of assorted colors on the other side on tru trips. Spoons of all colors caught, and blue chrome bandit did well along with white bandit with pink at 1.9 up to 2.2 mph. Ran east to about four miles past the island and turned around and then trolled west. Ran the Bandits 75-85 feet down. Did not seem to make a difference going east or west. Fewer boats east of Kelly’s isle. I think water depth runs 40-45 feet where we fished. Picked up four limits in four hours. Fish were 16-18” with about four fish 21-24”. Beautiful weather.

Default Re: May 28 East of Kellys

great report,thankyou.im going to be over that way starting june 6 for a week.i will give reports also on my daily fishing.nobody seems to want to give any info any more then everybody just heads for the packs.that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by bushman111 View Post
    great report,thankyou.im going to be over that way starting june 6 for a week.i will give reports also on my daily fishing.nobody seems to want to give any info any more then everybody just heads for the packs.that sucks.
    My dad and i used to always take our annual trip that exact week and stay on the island. Unless the weather didn't cooperate, we usually did extremely well. I would be happy to share what I know from experience fishing there. Shoot me a PM.

Here's my dad with our catch from one of the days we were there.

May 28 East of Kellys-summer-2010-2011-038-jpg
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

I’m going to be launching out of oak harbor Saturday. The cans are a close run from there but a lot of people are doing well east of Kelly’s. I can’t decide whether it’s worth the long boat ride to Kelly’s or find some deeper water and some suspended walleye north / northeast of the cans. Any advice?

Fish can be found every area. Drop you boat where it makes sense for you and start finder when you get on lake. Fish them once you find them. This will save on gas and your time. Don't believe that fishing is best East of Kellies. That will change every day.

Rickerd

Quote Originally Posted by rickerd View Post
    Fish can be found every area. Drop you boat where it makes sense for you and start finder when you get on lake. Fish them once you find them. This will save on gas and your time. Don't believe that fishing is best East of Kellies. That will change every day.

Rickerd
    Bingo ☝️