5-28 West of Mouse 5-28 West of Mouse 5-28 West of Mouse 5-28 West of Mouse

Default 5-28 West of Mouse

Finally put the boat in the water and made it fishing with my camp neighbor and fishing partner Bob yesterday. Set up in 26' around 7:30 and trolled South with the wind and waves. Ran 5 #1 Dipseys with spoons and a #0 Dipsey with harness's. Best Dipsey settings 3.5/52' 2/42' and .5/30'. Bob received his birthday (88) present early, before we had all lines set up, Bob reeled in the first Walleye which was a 29" 8#er. We had 6 keepers in 40 minutes, trolled back up North and pulled 3 more. So now it's after 9 AM and the sky is getting bright, and the wind is nonexistent. Trolled to near our first pass and went back south. Pulled 1 and another eye near 10:00 AM. Fish count is 11. So for the next 2 hours trolled that area and points further West, trying to fill our limit. Tried faster, slower, deeper, shallower and different colors and shapes and was getting frustrated as nothing was working. The lake was like glass. Did catch 5 shorts, 2 sheep and a white bass in this time span. Finally just past noon, while reeling in number 12 on my 3.5, I saw the .5 dipsey break, so we had #13 which was released, and before pulling all the lines we had #14 also, returned for the next trip. The fish gods can be so humorous at times! Boat traffic was light, had 3 boats come within 1 mile of us while fishing. Best speed was 2.2-2.4. Had 7 shorts all day, also 2 white bass and 2 Sheep. Best spoon was Barney STD that took 6 Eyes. All the keepers were on spoons, none on meat.

It was also a sad day, as one of my friends/camp fishing partners for over 20 years passed away 8 days prior. The realization of his absence and passing really hit hard while fishing. He would/should have been on this trip...... R.I.P. Silverado

Default Re: 5-28 West of Mouse

thank you for the report.

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend. That is why we have to live each day we can.

Rickerd

Quote Originally Posted by Hudsons20 View Post
    Finally put the boat in the water and made it fishing with my camp neighbor and fishing partner Bob yesterday. Set up in 26' around 7:30 and trolled South with the wind and waves. Ran 5 #1 Dipseys with spoons and a #0 Dipsey with harness's. Best Dipsey settings 3.5/52' 2/42' and .5/30'. Bob received his birthday (88) present early, before we had all lines set up, Bob reeled in the first Walleye which was a 29" 8#er. We had 6 keepers in 40 minutes, trolled back up North and pulled 3 more. So now it's after 9 AM and the sky is getting bright, and the wind is nonexistent. Trolled to near our first pass and went back south. Pulled 1 and another eye near 10:00 AM. Fish count is 11. So for the next 2 hours trolled that area and points further West, trying to fill our limit. Tried faster, slower, deeper, shallower and different colors and shapes and was getting frustrated as nothing was working. The lake was like glass. Did catch 5 shorts, 2 sheep and a white bass in this time span. Finally just past noon, while reeling in number 12 on my 3.5, I saw the .5 dipsey break, so we had #13 which was released, and before pulling all the lines we had #14 also, returned for the next trip. The fish gods can be so humorous at times! Boat traffic was light, had 3 boats come within 1 mile of us while fishing. Best speed was 2.2-2.4. Had 7 shorts all day, also 2 white bass and 2 Sheep. Best spoon was Barney STD that took 6 Eyes. All the keepers were on spoons, none on meat.

It was also a sad day, as one of my friends/camp fishing partners for over 20 years passed away 8 days prior. The realization of his absence and passing really hit hard while fishing. He would/should have been on this trip...... R.I.P. Silverado
    Hudson,
    I truly believe your close friend Silverado was on your boat, reason for successful walleye trip..
    Congrats on doing so well. RIP Silverado.
    Enjoy his memories…
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

Take your friend fishing everytime you go-even if just in memory. The landing net I use is 40 years old and belonged to my parents both of whom were avid walleye fisher persons. Will not replace it. Nice report. Great trip

baha299

All, Thanks for the kind words and thoughts!