Radar recommendations Radar recommendations Radar recommendations Radar recommendations

Default Radar recommendations

Thinking about putting a radar unit on my boat to help with navigation and weather. What would you recommend?

Default Re: Radar recommendations

Garmin radar package. It's the dome but other radars that are cool looking are alittle out of my range. Pluse the 943xsv has alot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by stanton21 View Post
    Garmin radar package. It's the dome but other radars that are cool looking are alittle out of my range. Pluse the 943xsv has alot of options.
    I was thinking about the Simrad Halo 20+ from what I’ve read, but was really hoping to get feedback from people who have different units.

I have the garmin dome unit.

Can't speak for the other brands, but once we you have one, you won't want to run again without it. Nothing like being able to see through the rain, fog, and darkness. While it doesn't mean running WOT, you still have to be cautious, not having it out in those conditions seems like it would be unsafe anymore.

With that being said, get online and review the each one. I like garmin stuff myself. Its simple and it works. Menus are easy, and not confusing. Can't speak for the others, but if you can get your hands on some before buying I would try to make a decision that way. Maybe slide by a west marine store and see if they have any displays you can look at.

Whatever decision you make you won't be disappointed. I wish everyone had one. It is one object that everyone should have and really makes it safer for everyone.