Inline trolling boards Inline trolling boards Inline trolling boards Inline trolling boards
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Inline trolling boards

I'm with you slimshady,we pop that front release and take the board off with the original lead from fish.Don't need a board bouncing around 6ft in front of a fish I'm trying to net.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I'm with you slimshady,we pop that front release and take the board off with the original lead from fish.Don't need a board bouncing around 6ft in front of a fish I'm trying to net.
    It gives the fish more leverage to pull the hooks out too, as it is swinging around. You end up removing it to re-set it anyway, so I would rather just take it off before I net the fish. I also like that I can have the net in one hand and remove the board with the other if I need to (short leads).

We trolled on Saturday for a while, but the strong S winds made Erie too rough for one of my passengers. He was green pretty fast, so we pulled lines and went to the river to try jigging. We ended up catching 9 before the storm ran us off.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)

Quote Originally Posted by slimshady View Post
    It gives the fish more leverage to pull the hooks out too, as it is swinging around. You end up removing it to re-set it anyway, so I would rather just take it off before I net the fish. I also like that I can have the net in one hand and remove the board with the other if I need to (short leads).

We trolled on Saturday for a while, but the strong S winds made Erie too rough for one of my passengers. He was green pretty fast, so we pulled lines and went to the river to try jigging. We ended up catching 9 before the storm ran us off.
    I leave the board on- with the front clipped tripped there is no leverage as it is free to rotate. Never have a problem losing fish.
    I also don't remove the board to reset it either- board stays on line entire time, line is free to pass through rear swivel- board in one hand lure goes back to desired length, clip front clip on and set. That's why i like it, never have to touch the board , i always worry about giving slack trying to remove a board and i have witnessed that firsthand. Board doesn't get in the way netting either, at least not on my rig, i stand in back corner with net as the person with the rod walks straight back - I run 6' leaders so board gets reeled up to about a foot before rod tip, they walk back from transom and fish slides right into net.
    Last edited by Ltrain; 05-25-2022 at 02:16 PM.