Inline trolling boards Inline trolling boards Inline trolling boards Inline trolling boards
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Inline trolling boards

Those of you who like to trip the release before reeling in the fish ; do you use the trip clip on the back or in the middle. I saw a video where they TripIt from the back and it keeps the board from diving
    Last edited by Bob H; 05-18-2022 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Misspelled word

Default Re: Inline trolling boards

We trip from the middle. You want to make sure the back release is behind the pin so you don't loose your board. You want to retrieve the board from the back. It comes in smoothly and easily that way.
    Mike

We use the offshore inline boards.Since there are only 2 releases on a board,what you call middle is what I call forward release.We use the orange OR 19 release in the front and the red OR16 with pin in the rear.Twist the line and put that in front release with loop facing forward.Making sure line is behind pin in rear release or the board will come off.When a fish hits hard or when we jerk the rod,the line comes out of that front release.Then board comes in easier and will not dive.

I had recently seen a video where the
    OR 16 FORWARD with OR 19 on the rear
    so the board stays up.

I use an OR 19 clip up front and i have a ball bearing snap on the rear. Line passes through snap. When board releases it slides back to a bead and swivel I place 6ft ahead of my bait. This serves two purposes- 1) I fight the fish and not the board and 2) when the board releases the fish and line tracks to the center of the boat and i reel fish right up the chute. It's a great, tangle free system plus it's pretty exciting watching that board go back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob H View Post
    Those of you who like to trip the release before reeling in the fish ; do you use the trip clip on the back or in the middle. I saw a video where they TripIt from the back and it keeps the board from diving
    You tube; Ryan Buddle
    Rigging Offshore Tackle Planer Boards for Walleye

You tube; Ryan Buddle
    Rigging Offshore Tackle Planer Boards for Walleye

Quote Originally Posted by Ltrain View Post
    I use an OR 19 clip up front and i have a ball bearing snap on the rear. Line passes through snap. When board releases it slides back to a bead and swivel I place 6ft ahead of my bait. This serves two purposes- 1) I fight the fish and not the board and 2) when the board releases the fish and line tracks to the center of the boat and i reel fish right up the chute. It's a great, tangle free system plus it's pretty exciting watching that board go back.
    Hey Ltrain,When that fish and board 6ft in front of fish come in,do you take board off then net fish.Or do you net board and fish together?

net the fish and have the person holding rod control the board.
    Rickerd

Quote Originally Posted by Ltrain View Post
    I use the black pinch clips on the front of mine and then the red ones in the back. When we get a fish, we pop the front release off, so the board falls back to the center, but the board does not slide down. We remove the board and then bring the fish the rest of the way in. Works great, but you need rods that are long enough and stiff enough to pop the release. I use the regular 8 foot trolling rods that you can find at BPS, etc. They work fine. I fished on my buddies boat, and his boards slide down to the bead, but I found that to be more of a pain than just removing it and then having the lead length to play the fish without the board in the way.
    https://slimshadycustoms.com/ Slimshady Customs - Custom Painted Crankbaits & Blanks. (Bandit Style Deep-Divers and other various crankbaits)