5/15 Best Day Ever 5/15 Best Day Ever 5/15 Best Day Ever 5/15 Best Day Ever

Default 5/15 Best Day Ever

It was not the best day because of the fish but the company.
    Grandpa, Grandma, Son and Grandson's first day in the boat (he's 3). Lots of snacks and drinks and a great time and lots of pictures.

We did catch 8 eyes, 3 sheeps, and over a dozen whites. Dad held the rod, the little guy cranked, and grandpa netted while grandma filmed.

4 eyes came on blue chrome rogues. Bandits 2 on carrot Top, and 1 on Reflection. Ran 1.7 110 to 120 back on the bandits. ! on a Flicker 11 in Red Firetail.

White bass came on Flicker Shad 11s and 9s 60 to 80 back.

We will be off the lake for awhile.
    Mike

Default Re: 5/15 Best Day Ever

Mike...... That’s the good stuff!!

Quote Originally Posted by Congo View Post
    Mike...... That’s the good stuff!!
    Sounds like a great day. I hope your teaching the little fellow how to fish too instead of trolling!!🤔

Quote Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
    Sounds like a great day. I hope your teaching the little fellow how to fish too instead of trolling!!🤔
    Yeah,Im sure he is going to teach a 3yr old to cast,feel a bite, set hook and reel it himself like a real fisherman.Now,he could teach him how to hold on to a rod and drag it drifting like many of the "real" fishermen do,i think a 3yr old could handle that.

All's good.

LOL
    Dansdad, we always teach the little ones to cast and drift first until they mature enough to master the more sophisticated advanced trolling, lol. Besides they have to be strong enough to handle all the big fish limits caught trolling, lol.

Seriously, like you all said, sharing any time with the next generation on the water is all good.

UPDATE: The family went home but my son sent a pic. today of the little guy and him with a nice pond bass. The caption was "he is hooked on fishing now".
    Mike