Big Fish Big Fish Big Fish Big Fish
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Fish

Good4Eye's Guest

Nice size ones. I sure wish i run into a bunch of those this june.

Now that is freaking awsome. I have caught many sailfish and swordfish, but never a marlin. Very cool.

Good4Eye's Guest

You guys sound like quite the saltwater fisherman, as well as freshwater. Thanks for the help. I'm just starting out in saltwater, and its a whole different element than freshwater. I'm not going marlin or sailfish fishing, but 50 pounds off of one marlin, is just enough to make you lick your chops.
    Last edited by Good4Eye's; 04-22-2009 at 07:40 PM.

Smile Great Action

That the definition of a barrel---excuse me---- Barrels of fun.

Way to go!

Default wow

alright im jealous i got a 40 lb king but nothing bigger then that hes on my wall how you do that spoon looks awsome where when and how much. would love to take my family down plus my mother in law lives in fort myer's.how many pounds of fillet's you have. hope my spellings alright. going jigging in the bay on the humps Friday got a new e-chip im going to try anybody ever use them they are not cheap spent 25 bucks on 4 of them they are supposed to send out a electronic signal that simulates a bait fish in distress
    Last edited by rscotfish; 04-23-2009 at 08:10 AM.

That is out of Destin Florida. I have been fishing that area for about 10 years now. What makes Destin so good is they are just 25-30 miles to very deep water (3000 ft). Other ports on the Gulf are farther except Venice La. I have fished with dozens of good captains, but the one in the picture is my favorite. 5 years ago we did a tournamnet with him and brought back upwards of 2000 pounds. Yes, I have pictures. I won the grand champion warsaw grouper.

Each of the trips in the video we hauled in around 600 pounds. We had to release snapper or it would have been closer to 1000 per trip. I brought home about 200 pounds of fillets. The first trip, we had 1 friend from Indiana and I gave him half. The second trip was 5 of us with 3 from Nashville, and I gave them about 60% of what we caught. I brought back a 100 quart cooler packed full of frozen fillets.

The price is a little scarey $170 per hour. We were charged just 20 hours for the 36 hour trip ($3500) and the second trip , I paid $1600 and the other man paid $1100. The best way to go is split the trip with some friends. I am wanting to get back down there in July when snapper are in. Any takers?