5/11 report 5/11 report 5/11 report 5/11 report

Thread: 5/11 report

Default 5/11 report

We left the fish we had been working west of the basses to try and find a little better quality fish further East. And to save on the fuel bill.

There were allot of boats working between the islands and we marked many fish, but they seemed to be deep inactive fish. I can't say for sure because we moved on. Just to many boats for me to work the way I like.

We found nice marks further North. To make a long story short we picked up our limit with the smallest fish 23 inches. most were 24 to 25. But we did cull a hand full of 18, 19 inchers along the way. No unders and no trash.

We worked in 40 ft plus water and trolled at 1.8 give or take.

We had doubles and one triple on. Most fish came at 80 back on bandits. We dialed all lengths to 70 to 100, but like I said most came at 80. We primarily pulled Carrot Top, Taco Salad, and one I do not know the name of. I will try to find out and post it. It has a white body with black stripes, the front and back are pink. These three colors were so good we pulled everything else and ran them both sides. The bandit I tried to describe caught by far the majority of fish.

Temps were around 55.
    Mike

Default Re: 5/11 report

Nice report and thanks for the info.

Default Re: 5/11 report

The bait was called Pink vampire.
    But it did not turn a fish today. Go figure.
    Mike