Thanks... Thanks... Thanks... Thanks...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks...

After attending a very powerful men's conference at Parkside church outside Cleveland, I had my 16' Lund with me and headed for the Erie coast. I received encouragement from a new friend Dennis from over that way via this website and had my sights set on Vermilon or Huron. With the wind on Wednesday afternoon, he encouraged me to come over to the Catawba area. I launched out of Catawba State park and the wind was diminishing slowly as the lake was calming. I simply drifted from about 300 years from the ramp and the wind slowly took me towards Port Clinton. I was popping 1 oz untipped black and purple jigs with stinger hooks and caught too many sheep head to count and a few undersized walleye. This was Wednesday night and the forecast for Thursday looked good so I got a room at Camp Perry and hit Fenwick at about 5:15 AM. First boat launched, I slowly made my way to the lake and really enjoyed the sunrise. I targeted getting out to Cone Reef and soon had plenty of company. I decided to give trolling a try and tried to duplicate patterns I have read here with Bandits in chrome/blue, sunspot and carrot top at 1.8 mph but after an hour I was pretty bored. So, away with the trolling stuff and started jigging. Ended up with 6 nice walleyes by 11 AM and headed back to Fenwick to clean fish and pack up, heading for home. Really nice fillets and just a lot of gratitude for the previous few days and opportunities to be somewhat free and think and worship. Thanks to all who post information on this site and you never know the benefit of the ripple effect... Oh, I should say, I was jigging a black one ounce on one rod and a purple one ounce on the other rod both with stinger hooks. The fish were randomly caught...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thanks...

Good report, thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice Report

Post Thanks / Like

Nice report Ron! Glad you hooked up with some nice eyes.