In-line boards what line to use? In-line boards what line to use? In-line boards what line to use? In-line boards what line to use?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In-line boards what line to use?

What type of line does everyone use for inline planer boards?

Default Re: In-line boards what line to use?

Most guys use mono with their inline boards because that holds better in the releases than braid.But you can make braid hold with certain releases or wrapping the line around the release.Alot of guys use 10# test because that diameter line is what most the dive charts are based on.A higher pound test mono will hold even better in release and less likely to break.But the thicker diameter line will run your lures slightly higher in water column.We run Maxima ultra green mono in 15# test.Some guys use hi vis mono too.Says catch rate the same but can see line better when netting and making sure line doesn't fall behind a board when making turns.

12lb. Fluorocarbon works for us

Use mono with a line diameter of .0135. I have found some lines same diameter with more strength than 10 #.

You will want to use mono over fluoro because the mono has stretch for the bigger waves. Mono works best on stickbaits for the same reason. Though you can run a leader with fluoro. All my leaders are fluoro and so I don't have to figure it out which to use.

The reason you want a leader on a stickbait is so the board when tripped doesn't run down to the bait and fishes mouth.

Rickerd
    Last edited by rickerd; 05-06-2022 at 12:43 PM.

we use 30lb PowerPro braid with the pro clips on the boards. Never had an issue and lasts for years! We miss very few fish due to no stretch, even though others will often argue otherwise.

30# Braid with OR18 releases on the front of the board. Use loop in the OR18, and all it takes is a light snap of the rod to trip the board, and let it come around to the back of the boat. Reel the fish up to the boat, and leave the rest up to your netter, and that's when the arguing starts as the walleye swims away. Sorry for the rambling, but just wait, it happens.

Church tackle have upgrade clips that sinch down. Dont matter what line type or diameter, they hold noless than 30 pounds of wieght

Thank you for the info. Always ran big boards on my big boat with 30 Lb power pro. I’m in between big boats at the moment. Will be running my small boat this spring. Thought I’d give the inlines a whirl. I’ll spool up a couple with the mono and see how it goes. Bought some off shore boards years ago never ran them.

Would recommend the orange OR 19 release on front and red OR 16 on rear of your offshore boards.Utube a video on how to twist line and make loop facing forward in that OR 19 release.With a jerk of line or a big fish pulling hard,the line comes out of front release and board comes behind boat and in easier.Would also modify board with tattle flag kit that makes flag go down when get a bite.

I've been using the Sunline Supernatural 20# test in green for many years now. No complaints.

The line diameter is .015, and not enough to have to do calculations with the PTD app...

The best price I've found on a big spool of it is here:Sunline Super Natural 20lb 3300 Yard Spool
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters