Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022 Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022 Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022 Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022

Default Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022

I left the house at 5:15 this morning...it was raining. Shaking my head, I asked myself, "Why did you bother cleaning the boat last night, ya dumb ass?" lol

I asked my crew to meet me at Mazurik's at 6am, so I had lots of time to stop for ice, and get there early, to get things ready. It had stopped raining by the time I got to the park, so that was a relief.

I have one guy that wants to remain nameless, so let's call him "Rudy". Rudy, Matt, and Neal arrived ten minutes early, so I said, "We have lots of time, it's still too dark to see yet". "No worries", Rudy replied. "I know how you like to be early, so we didn't want to be late". I giggled, and nodded in agreement.

We launched, and headed back up to the north side of Kelly's where I finished up yesterday. We set up with the colors and program I used yesterday too. Okay, I know it's a pain to go have to look it up, so I'll say it here again.

Bandits on the starboard side at 80, 70, 60, and 50 (longest leads on the outside).
    Colors were: Furmi-Nuff, Blue Chrome, Carrot Top, and Chrome Barbie.

Spro Madeye 120s ran on the port side at 75, 65, 55, and 45 back behind the Off Shore boards.
    Colors were: Chrome Perch, RC Crush, Marvin, and another RC Crush.

Speed was 1.8 mph
    Water temp was 48.2 degrees

We made a pass along the line that was so good yesterday, but they moved out. We caught 2 fish in that area in a 1 mile stretch. I asked, "Do you want to pick up? I have a couple other areas I would like to check out." Rudy said, "You're the Captain, whatever you want to do is fine with us". So, we picked up and headed northwest, to the line. (For those of you new to the lake lingo...that would be the Canadian line).

We set up with the same program in an area that I've fished before at this time of year, and it didn't disappoint. However, there weren't a lot of fish up there, like there can be from time to time, but we did manage to find a small pod of fish, that we could keep turning on, and going over...picking up 5 or 6 on each pass. There was only one boat that showed up by us, but they turned and went more east, towards the small pack that had formed out there, so we had the spot to ourselves the entire time. Yay! I love when that happens.

While we were fishing, we had a little baby bird come and rest on the boat. It looked absolutely tuckered out. All its little baby feathers were all puffed up on its tiny little body, and it looked like a little puff ball. It stayed with us for about a 1/2 hour, before it had the strength to continue on its journey. I didn't see it fly off, because we were bringing a fish in, but I hope it went towards the islands, instead of back out from the way it came...that was all open water.
    It was the cutest little thing, and I'm so glad it figured out we weren't going to hurt it, and it made itself right at home. I don't think there was a place on the boat, that it didn't go. It's too bad I keep the boat so clean...it might have found something to eat, otherwise.
    I did try giving it bread crumbs, but it must be a bug eater, and doesn't like things like that. Oh, well...I didn't have any bugs on board today. I hope it made it somewhere safe.

We ended the trip with 24 of the 28 fish we managed to entice with our pretty painted baits this morning. It rained on us, but no one seems to care when the fish are actively biting, right? That was the case with us too.

On a side note...I'm able to give the new Blackfish Gear I bought a few weeks ago, a good review, now that I have tested it in all the necessary conditions it will be used for. It passed the cold test, by being the lightest and warmest set I've owned in the past 21 years. Now, it has passed the wet test.
    Even though the outer layer gets saturated, there must be a waterproof lining that keeps the water from getting to the inner fluffy fleece, because the inside was still warm and dry...no dampness at all.
    I am not sponsored by this company. I'm just really impressed with their StormSkin line, and want everyone to know how great it is. I've looked for a set like this for so long, and it's finally a real thing that anyone can get. And, the best part is, it's less expensive than the best rain/ice suits out there right now.
    Okay, enough free advertising for them...back to the story....

It took me a little bit to remember that I have fished, twice, with the one who shall remain nameless, and with Matt....(this is another reason I write these reports, because I can't remember anything!)
    This was Neal's first time with me... they all did a fantastic job! And, they all said they would be back again, so that makes me happy!

Tomorrow, I have another repeat customer, Frank Smith, and a friend he's bringing along, so I only have two guys tomorrow. With the west wind forecast tomorrow, I'm thinking we will be launching out of the river in the morning, and hugging the west shore, to head towards the cans. I hope those fish are still around there. Fingers crossed!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022-guy-remain-nameless-matt-neal-4-25-20225-jpg Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022-guy-remain-nameless-matt-neal-4-25-20229-jpg Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022-guy-remain-nameless-matt-neal-4-25-202219-jpg Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022-guy-remain-nameless-matt-neal-4-25-202229-jpg Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022-guy-remain-nameless-matt-neal-4-25-202230-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default Re: Fishing with Rudy, Matt, and Neal 4/25/2022

Thanks Juls for the lead on the gear.
    Christy has been struggling to find functional gear. The stuff out there for women is designed for pretty not a serious fisherwoman.
    BTW she fishes as hard as any man, as I'm sure you can relate.

Where did you buy yours.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Tiger View Post
    Thanks Juls for the lead on the gear.
    Christy has been struggling to find functional gear. The stuff out there for women is designed for pretty not a serious fisherwoman.
    BTW she fishes as hard as any man, as I'm sure you can relate.

Where did you buy yours.
    I know exactly what you mean...it's frustrating for most women. I don't have that issue....I'm 5'10" 162lbs, so men's sizes fit me.

I bought the woman's jacket right from their site... Site Maintenance
    (The site is under construction right now though...just looked.)

But, they don't have women's pants. I bought the men's (also from their site). Then, I bought the men's jacket too, because it's just a little better than the women's gear (as usual..deep sigh).

I found the men's jacket on Amazon for 30.00 cheaper than their site, but it was the last one at the time. Maybe they will have more soon.

The pants were 118.00 and the women's jacket was 159.00. The men's jacket was 189.00 on their site and 159.00 on Amazon.

The women's jacket is light gray....the men's is black.
    The pants are black.

EDIT....just saw that Amazon has the pants on sale for 99.99 right now, and the women's jacket for 145.00
    Amazon.com: BLACKFISH StormSkin Squall Full Zip Jacket : Sports & Outdoors

More options...Amazon.com : blackfish stormskin
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 04-25-2022 at 04:37 PM.
    [email protected]

THANK YOU so much!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Tiger View Post
    THANK YOU so much!
    You're welcome....but, now it just cost me another 100.00, because I've lost a little weight and wanted the pants in a size smaller than I previously bought! And, since the stuff I love always gets discontinued at some point or another, I wanted a second pair before that happens.
    [email protected]

Thanks again for the reports..It’s killing me and have to ask.. why run the shortest lead closest to the boat? Wouldn’t you want to run the longest lead closest to the boat so it runs deeper so you can bring the other fish/lines over the top? Thanks again…

The fish swings inward behind the shorter lines as it rises in the water column.

Quote Originally Posted by WittenBerg70 View Post
    Thanks again for the reports..It’s killing me and have to ask.. why run the shortest lead closest to the boat? Wouldn’t you want to run the longest lead closest to the boat so it runs deeper so you can bring the other fish/lines over the top? Thanks again…

I only do that when running longer leads (50 and above). Reason being, I have found that while most fish will come to the surface when they get hooked, the bigger ones stay deeper. If the longer lead is on the outside, it's got a better chance of coming in without taking out the entire side, because that fish is further back....make sense?
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 04-27-2022 at 02:57 PM.
    [email protected]

Yes perfect sense! Thank you sooo much! Your so nice to help! Thanks for all the reports!