Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend. Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend. Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend. Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend.

Default Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend.

It seems like we haven't been able to catch a break , and have good weather on the weekend. Today was that day. We got to the Catawba ramp at 930 and was told that the park was full by the ranger. We told him, "great" we're not parking in the park. So he let us go ahead and put the boat in. We dropped the boat and my buddy drove back to the house. I went down the way and picked him up. While we were ramping, one of the boats coming in, told us it was on fire at the cans. So we headed to F can. We started to trolling NNE from F can. We had only gone a couple hundred yards when we picked up our first fish. In the next 1/4 mile we picked up 3 more. So we turned around and worked the same area, over and over. It took 3 and a half hours to get out 2 man limit.

We worked them from 40 to 80 back, anything with chrome. We did a lot of S turns at 1.4 to 1.7. Water was 47.5 degrees and pretty clear. Again a nice grade of fish. We teamed up with 4 others on group texting. Everyone got fish.

Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend.-resized_20220423_140832-jpg
    Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend.-resized_20220423_144904-jpg
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Default Re: Finally a relatively calm day on the water on a weekend.

Nice quality fish there. Good job Ducker. I dock in Huron so the reef and can area is a bit of a ride.