What a day on the water Saturday. What a day on the water Saturday. What a day on the water Saturday. What a day on the water Saturday.

Default What a day on the water Saturday.

Friends of mine drove up from Florida to fish for the week. From the forcast, I was hoping that it would of settled over night. We got on the water at just before sunrise. Obviously noe one told the weather God's that the wind was forcast to settle overnight. Started out of Catawba and headed NW, straight into the wind. There wasn't anything settled about the wind or waves. There were 4 to 5s coming out of the NW. The idea was to go out a couple of miles and work back with the wind. We were just about to where I wanted to start, when I said screw this, and headed to the south side of put-in-bay.
    It's no fun fishing in big waves. There were a few boats in the area when we arrived just south of the monument. The water was a little too clean with just a handful of marks. What we gave up in marks, we made up in comfort of fishing. The guy picked up the process with light speed. It wasn't long till we had all the lines out and we were fishing.

It wasn't long till we had our 1st fish. The guys were pretty excited to be catching walleyes. It was a slow pick through the day, but we did have a triple and 2 doubles. We caught fish on blue chrome, clown dhj, black wonder bread, anti-freeze, cotton candy (clown bandit), we had multiple lures of these out. We found that 45 to 55 back did best. They were a really nice grade of fish again this time. We pretty much just mirrored the shore line due south of the monument, and east in 30 fOW. Due to the wind blowing around we did a lot of changing direction. (S curves) the fish seemed to hit on the change. We fished from 730 to 230. We needed 1 for a 3 man limit and we got another triple.
    We will be hitting it tomorrow as soon as it calms a little.

What a day on the water Saturday.-resized_20220416_153907-jpg
    Duckwater boat owner, I fish for fun.

Default Re: What a day on the water Saturday.

fish fry, fish stew, fish jerky, fish burger....