Trolling outside Oak Harbor Trolling outside Oak Harbor Trolling outside Oak Harbor Trolling outside Oak Harbor

Default Trolling outside Oak Harbor

Was there this week and we struggled jigging outside Oak Harbor, we caught all males and were 22 inches or shorter. Water was a little muddy but not to bad. Wanted to catch some bigger female,s and wanted to try trolling. Water got much clearer about 2 miles out. We tried trolling but waves were to high. We were vaguely told troll in the 30 foot depth. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction where generally I should be looking? I dont want exact spots as I like to work to get my fish, but a general nudge in the right direction would be great. Thanks

Default Re: Trolling outside Oak Harbor

Quote Originally Posted by joeblue83 View Post
    Was there this week and we struggled jigging outside Oak Harbor, we caught all males and were 22 inches or shorter. Water was a little muddy but not to bad. Wanted to catch some bigger female,s and wanted to try trolling. Water got much clearer about 2 miles out. We tried trolling but waves were to high. We were vaguely told troll in the 30 foot depth. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction where generally I should be looking? I dont want exact spots as I like to work to get my fish, but a general nudge in the right direction would be great. Thanks
    I heard a couple good reports out around A Can. 30+ ft of water and troll bandits. Seemed like the big girls were either spawned out and hungry or some were still staging to come in yet. Anywhere with clean water in 30+ seemed to produce and around the islands too seemed to be the common report. We had a hard time This weekend because the waves were a bit of a problem. We couldn’t get out there to A Can with our 16.5 footer it was just too uncomfortable in 2-4 waves. Since we couldn’t troll out deeper we tried trolling in close and it was too wavy and windy for us to maintain speeds and keep lines fishing. We resorted to jigging and followed the boats around and picked up 9 on Saturday and 2 today. Be the slow and a lot of short fish. I was pretty frustrated but there’s is nothing you can do about the weather. Haha besides buy a bigger boat!