4/6 second trip 4/6 second trip 4/6 second trip 4/6 second trip
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4/6 second trip

Default Re: 4/6 second trip

Sam, I feel you and Capt. Jules have offered so much to the people on this site and I am sorry some are demanding you tell them exactly where you fished that day. I think many of us know these fish move often, and if they are in one spot in the morning, they likely won't be in that same spot in the afternoon.
    Thank you for all you do for us in helping us to become better fisherman.
    Bruce

I’ll also add my thanks for the info you and others provide here… sure we all would love to be educated as to the thought process, but if we want more, we need to step and support your business efforts.

I get her once a year at best… and will take anything anyone is willing to share. When I leave I will surely share if I stumbled across anything that works…. And hope to give a little back.

Thank you for your time and valuable info!

Awesome post Sam. My opinion you are right on.

Capt Sam and Juls post more fishing reports here than anybody.They post most of the same info that I see others post in regard to location.Alot of people get information on locations from others in their network.If you start posting exact locations on every report you may turn your good fishing spot into a pack that could ruin your spot and alienate your network.If you spend enough time reading all the posts you can get a general idea of where to start fishing.I consider most people asking for information either lazy or relatively new to reading the forums.Then harass them enough and they won't post anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Porkchop View Post
    I have been fishing east of KellyÂ’s island from the island all the way to Lorain and everywhere in between. The fish are moving and moving fast as they are starting to spawn. I have not found fish in the same spot two days in a row yet this year. We have had to work very hard to stay on fish. They are moving all over the place. This is the time that you must use your electronics to find active suspended fish and work them in water that is stained enough and not too much. I am a bit offended at the comments that I am in it for the money and that is it. If that was the case I wouldnÂ’t share any of the information that I do. I feel it is unreasonable for someone to ask any captain exactly where they are fishing. A lot of time and money is invested in finding the fish they are working to satisfy their customers. LetÂ’s face it north of KellyÂ’s or east of KellyÂ’s is a huge huge huge piece of water. Bottom line is work the water, work your graph, find fish and work them. That is what I do. Half the fun is the challenge of finding and catching the fish. I hope this helpsÂ…
    Great~! so you were east of Kelly's that day 4/6 , plenty of info. You are a business, I get that so you can keep your exact location close to your Captain chest. I know the fish move all year long and a general report area is great, if you can each time you post give a general area as they move would be helpful, and I feel it is not an unreasonable request. You share what you feel comfortable, when you feel you can. As you noted time and money is invested by your business in locating the fish, all of which can be accomplished more eficently by sharing iformantion by all members in here. I am asked, by members for the coordinates of where I have been fishing, especially during perch season and share that in the spirit of this forum. I am sure Captains read the posts of others in here to help them get on the fish too, in the spirit of this web site, which is also a business that prospers by the sharing members fishing info. I hope you have a better understanding of my position on the matter.
    Fish On and Be Safe,
    ~Water Dog

I read all the reports here on OGF.I even enjoy reading Waterdogs posts since he seams to fish alot for perch.But Waterdogs doesn't include his exact position very often and occasionally posts a general location.I don't remember him trolling for walleye either.Seams his post is about him anchored or drifting and usually has a spreader out.
    The captains post here to also generate business.They are also overly gracious when they are called out about their exact location every time,which I agree should not be shared every post.Makes sense the captains do not want to seam selfish on this site or offend unreasonable posters.I believe the captains share more than enough information.And you bet that I read it and it is very useful starting spot for us in regard to speed,leads and lure colors.We should all appreciate the time they take to post their day on the water,between the time they fish and whatever needs to be done at home or with family.There are a record number of walleye in our lake right now.There should be plenty of room and fish for us all to have many great seasons in store for us all.

I really appreciate the information that all Captains provide. I wouldn't expect a full disclosure. I picked up the bite was east of Kellys by reading all the posts that have been provided. This page has been a good source of information for years. It use to have more input from other Captains. I'm guessing those that use to post often got tired of the negative side of dealing with the general public. I'd been coming to Lake Erie for 5+ years now (from South Dakota) and I have Captains that have provided me their cell numbers and invited me to call them for the latest reports when I'm fishing. I once asked why do you do this? Never happens in SD. The answer I got was , your coming from a long distance, spending money in our community. I realize your not spending money with me, but I want you to have a good trip and a good experience. Those you share your experience with may choose to hire my services.

In closing Thank you to Captains for the information you share information. It is much appreciated.

Thank you to all Captains that provide reports. I'll be out to Lake Erie in a week (from South Dakota) and the information is very helpful. I picked up from previous posts that most were fishing east of Kellys. I also realize in a week it could and likely will change. I realize providing Charter experiences is your livelyhood. I very surprised you provide the amount of detail information you do. I thank you for your reports.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I read all the reports here on OGF.I even enjoy reading Waterdogs posts since he seams to fish alot for perch.But Waterdogs doesn't include his exact position very often and occasionally posts a general location.I don't remember him trolling for walleye either.Seams his post is about him anchored or drifting and usually has a spreader out.
    The captains post here to also generate business.They are also overly gracious when they are called out about their exact location every time,which I agree should not be shared every post.Makes sense the captains do not want to seam selfish on this site or offend unreasonable posters.I believe the captains share more than enough information.And you bet that I read it and it is very useful starting spot for us in regard to speed,leads and lure colors.We should all appreciate the time they take to post their day on the water,between the time they fish and whatever needs to be done at home or with family.There are a record number of walleye in our lake right now.There should be plenty of room and fish for us all to have many great seasons in store for us all.
    So itsbob, do you fish? I have not seen any fishing reports from you, so am I mistaken?
    Last edited by waterdog; 04-08-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Yeah dog Ive been posting my trolling trips here for many years.Don't perch fish so maybe that's why you you didn't read my posts or remember them.I don't recall you taking your boat east of Kellies fishing for perch or walleye.You seam to hang out off port Clinton from what I've read.Being a person who has posted here for some time,I was surprised you decided the charters should be including location. Very few people post exact locations when they report their fishing trips.Including my self.I have been fortunate to befriend some charter captains during the 45yrs I've fished Erie.Great people that go out of their way to help alot of us weekend warriors.They help me out with where the current walleye bites are occurring around the western basin.But I will not post that location information they provide me.Maybe a general location and all the pertinent info on speed,leads and color.
    I know you provide some great info for the perch fishermen too.I'm sure that helps them.But have noticed you sometimes don't reply to guys asking you questions after you post.So work on including that in your Waterdogs reports.